• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body guy, Mopar guy, or really just a car guy

E-body guy, Mopar guy, or really just a car guy

• Mopar guy - I like 'em all

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • E-body fan - not a big fan of the other letters

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Car guy - anything built well, no matter what the brand

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

Xcudame

Reaction score
This thread just got added to, so I'll add my two cents.

Well, you saw my welcome wagon post. All I own is mopar. My Cummins has almost 300k miles, my 70 Challenger has over 250k. My Dakota has almost 200k. I have always thought the mopar big block was the perfect engine. External oil pump, easy to reach distributor, four bolt water pump and design to make tons of torque regardless of displacement. Whether you like them or not, the Neon set the small car performance market on its ear. Cheap, fast for what it was and handles like it's on rails.
The Japanese bought Neons and reversed engineered them to make better Hondas and Toyotas. So that says something.
I'm OK with AMXs and Javelins. They're hot cars that deserve more respect.

One parting note, during the years I worked in the crankshaft department of a large engine rebuilder's, I never had to straighten a mopar crankshaft prior to grinding it. Every other make I straighten lots of crankshafts, especially Chevys. In fact, used mopar crankshafts are the only ones I've come across that were still in factory tolerance.

71RRhi

Reaction score
I can appreciate all cars, especially one that someone has put thier time and effort into. But I can only own a Mopar. I have A, B, and E bodies. I'm currently on the hunt for a convertible. I was offered a 70 Buick GS convertible for a reasonable price. It was a nice car, but didn't give me that "I want it" feeling. So the hunt continues for a Mopar convertible.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I am basically an e-body guy, but pretty much like all Mopars, and some other cars as well. I nice GTO, late 60s Firebird or Camaro will get my attention for a few minutes. Between myself, my wife and our oldest son, we have in order of age: a 70 Challenger (son), 71 Cuda (me), 74 Duster (wife), 2010 Challenger (wife), 2007 (son) & 2015 (wife) Ram 2500s, a 2022 Durango GT (me) and one outlier: a 1989 IROC-Z which I bought new when I was 21, and still own it. Unfortunately Ma Mopar didn't have much going on in 1989 as far as "muscle" cars, it was Mustang or Camaro....

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
We are all here because we learned a lesson by experience. Or got spanked by a mopar. At least I am. I have owned quite a number of vehicles and probably drove most of anything. I keep what survives and the rest are disposable. I have been told that I can't put that in or on there It's not going to work. Well I did it and it worked.

mmissile

Reaction score
4 generations of Chrysler-employees in our family. Bought what put a roof over your head and food in your belly. Hundreds of these things later, I realize what a sickness this really is.
Over the years, I've grown tired of just looking at the SOS mopars. I'd like to have a couple other cars from GM and Ford. I already did my AMC thing, and found those people weirder than mopar people. LOL. I think I'd like a 73 SD/TA firebird, red on red, no decal pkg. I'd could also own a 71 Mustang BB, in black or silver. There are others...

A nice car, is a nice car. I'm over that brand-loyal silliness, after 50 years of this stuff.

1688818524636.png

1688818683207.png

1688818802805.png

1688819137956.png

TomIGo

Reaction score
I have always loved Mopars. My first car was a B5 Blue '69 Charger, bought in 1975. Kept that car through college and up until my wife and I had our second child, then had to sell it for a mini-van :(. Please note the mini-van was also a Mopar! Since then I have had a few different makes, but always came back to Mopar. Our daily drivers at this time are a 2017 Ram 2500, and a 2013 Charger. My shop truck is a '99 Dodge Ram (rusted to hell, but runs like brand new) and a '70 Challenger project car. Our other vehicles are a '55 Ford F100 on a '73 K10 pickup frame (yes, it is 4WD!) originally built for our daughter to begin her Veterinary business after college, a '84 Pontiac Fiero that was my daily driver for many years, and a '66 Porsche 912 which I am finishing some engine work on so I can sell it and put the money into the Challenger!

I have to say I am a Mopar lover!

Pics of most of them... Ill get pics of the Fiero and daily drivers and add them tomorrow.

side_view_lowrez.png

LH_Frt_Corner_Cropped.jpg

1610927_10102196739742933_1775055365373622621_n.jpg

99_Ram_Pass_Side.jpg

DCP00729.JPG

Back