• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body guy, Mopar guy, or really just a car guy

E-body guy, Mopar guy, or really just a car guy

• Mopar guy - I like 'em all

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • E-body fan - not a big fan of the other letters

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Car guy - anything built well, no matter what the brand

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters

ramenth

Reaction score
Okay, guys, some of you know I'm a Mopar guy. I've got several B-'s in the fleet to be built, the E-body, and a couple of M-bodies. I also have two Ford pick 'em ups, and helping my old man build a '54 Ford four door 'cause it's a fun car.

Other than that, there are very few non-Mopars I'd own and the price and the condition would have to be right for me to even consider 'em. So, even with the Fords, I consider myself a Mopar guy.

I pretty much have my likes of Mopars from most of the eras. The old man and I built a '57 Coronet club coupe that is one of the few customer's car we did I'd take in a heart beat. Pretty sold on the early sixties B-bodies and anything through the muscle car era. I will say, I'm not a big fan of early A-'s, but if someone threw the keys to a '67-'69 Barracuda I'd take it. I've had my fun with late '70's cars, my first car was a '76 Charger and I've bashed on my share of F-bodies. I love the M-'s because the damn things are bulletproof and I've had a few turbo cars from the '80's that were a blast to drive.

One of the reasons for this poll is because it seems on other forums, if you own or drive something to which the forum isn't dedicated, you're fair game. I've seen supposed Mopar guys bash other Mopars pretty extensively over the years, and E-bodies seem to take the brunt of it. The cars are junk, they're heavy, they aren't balanced as well as others in the alphabet, the owners are snobs, and the list goes on and on.

So, are you a car guy in general, with an appreciation for everything under the sun, a Mopar guy who's a fan of the brand, or an E-body guy, not really liking the other cars in the line up?

Last edited:

burntorange70

Reaction score
I can appreciate other makes but most of the time do not pay much attention to them. I will walk past just about anything to check out a S/6 A body. So I would say I am a Mopar guy who leans more to the A side than anything.

Adam

Reaction score
Mainly a Mopar guy, but I do like 69 Camaros, and 67-68 Shelby Mustangs.

72Cuda340

Reaction score
I'll stick up for E's... I "Like" most other Mopars, but I LOVE Challengers and Barracuda's / Cuda's. Oh, and I like Mustang fastbacks too.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If I wasn't a Mopar guy I'd be a Phord guy but I pretty much bleed Mopar. 2 '68 B-bodies, 2 Challengers and my Imperial which may well be my favorite....
I love the big Chryslers and Imperials.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would say I'm mainly a Mopar guy when it comes to older cars. I have had about everything you can imagine, foreign and domestic, over the years. With the costs of owning and restoring going up, I found it best to stick with one type so parts can interchange from a purchased parts car, etc. As far as a daily goes, I have driven full size Jags and BMW's since 1989. Mainly, because they remind me of the Imperials and 300's my grandfather and father drove when I was young.

Ray

Reaction score
I like the ladies and

Opps. Sorry wrong forum

68bigblock

Reaction score
I definitely lean towards mopar but they all made something interesting at one time or another

moparlee

Reaction score
Pretty much a Mopar guy (wife is too). First one was a '68 Charger. Now have a '69 B body (GTX) and two '71 Challengers. I am the original owner of one of the Challengers. Our daily driver is a '12 Charger.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Mopar

Mopars are my favorite. I first noticed cars when my dad brought home a new 1963 Plymouth Savoy when I was a kid. Great car that wouldn't stop running. Always loved the early B bodies (63-64 sport fury or 65 satellite in convertible form would be great). Also love the 69 Charger and later Road Runners (73-74).

Got into Challengers in the early 70's (was still in high school when they came out new) and bought a very used 70 RT Challenger hardtop w a 383 automatic as my first one in long string of other Dodge Challengers. Appreciate other muscle cars; owned a 1969 Camaro SS/RS 4sp car w the 396, and around the same purchased the A66 Challenger vert that I currently own. When I bought my first house and needed the money, I sold the Camaro and kept the Challenger till this day. Happy for that decision!

My daily driver is a 2013 V-6 Mustang convertible (would have bought a Challenger, but no convertible was available unless custom built $$$). Mopars 1st, but would consider some Fords. Call me old school, but never a rice burner!

Dino2 (1).gif

moparleo

Reaction score
First real car was a 55 Ford F-100 that my dad bought new. Came with a 6 cyl. But as soon as the title was mine, I transplanted a 57 392 Hemi and push button Torque-flite from a 57 New Yorker. Original Dana 40 didn't last long, so I switched it for a Dana 60 3.54. Weakest link you know. Was in the exhaust building at the time and built a custom set of headers for it along with sidepipes ( Hot set-up back then) Next came a run of about 7 different Challengers and Barracudas, a 69 RR, B-150 Dodge van, D50 ram, Current driver is an 06 Dodge Magnum R/T 5.7 Hemi. Got the bug from my grandfather. He always had new Dodges.ItsaHemi.jpg
OCIR1.jpgBLOWNHEMI.jpg

ItsaHemi.jpg

OCIR1.jpg

BLOWNHEMI.jpg

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
If I look back at what I take pictures of when I go to car shows, it's all mopars. My love for mpoar came from a 72 Charger SE, 400, 4 spd. It was my first car I purchased used ($1,400) in 78 when I was in high school. Of course all my friends thought it was "bad ass". My wife gets mad at me remembering things like paying $1,400 for my first car in 1978 but I always forget to bring milk home on my way home from work. Selective memory I guess. I do like the 60's "B's" too.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Other than a couple of forays into the Pontiac world (three 2nd-gen Trans Ams), it's been nothing but Mopars for 28 years. I bought the ex-wife an '87 IROC-Z but refused to put my name on the title. After one week with a 5-speed, limited rear seat access and a toddler, she'd had enough and it went back to the dealer. I told her she'd hate it, but she lived for nothing if not to defy me.

I can appreciate them all for the most part, and there are a couple of non-Mopars I'd like to own. The old man had a '71 Maverick Grabber stripe-delete car, 302/4-speed in double red so I have a soft spot for those. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a '70-'73 Formula or Trans Am with a 4-speed, either.

In the interest of disclosure, I almost bought a rust-free Fiat 2000 Spyder several years back (the one with the Lamborghini 16V cylinder head) with thoughts of turbocharging, but someone beat me to the $300 gem... and if I'd had the money a year ago, I'd possibly be buildng a 4G63-powered Opel GT. Two craigslist ads in the same town: rebuilt 1st-gen DSM Turbo engine for $500 and a rust-free GT body with no title or engine for $300.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I started my hot rodding with a Pontiac 67 LeMans. Still have it. Partially cloned to a GTO.
Still have several pontiacs. 66 2+2 421 69 Grand Prix 428 and a couple 70 birds.
Not to mention, I have a 98 trans am Ram Air. 1 of 1400 made in the first year of production. 43K miles. Love the car !!
But, with all those pontiacs, my mechanic was a mopar guy. His wife let me drive his 67 barracuda 383 and it was all Mopar since then really.
I just loved the feel of the mopar. Purchased many e bodies now since that moment of driving the 67.
I have had only a few mopars so far that have not been e bodies. I have a 73 duster that needs to run and I now own the 67 that I first drove. Love it!
Got a ramcharger 77 440 as well as another one behind the garage.

I still like Pontiacs, but I'm always looking for a mopar. I'll purchase cars just to move them along to the next owner. Just sold a 68 cutlass S and selling another one in a few days. A cutlass vert.

So, even though I do play in some of the other fields, I'm a mopar guy no doubt. They just look meaner than any other cars out there.

Oh, and I have a 64 lincoln continental suicide door 430 original state senator car. Fords are a pain in the butt.

jbearden

Reaction score
If it's a Mopar with a GM trans or a Ford rear then I won't really pay much attention to it.It's not really a full fledge Mopar in my opinion.To me it'll just be a nice Dodge or Plymouth with a Ford rear or other brand x part.It just ruins it for me.I've owned nothing but Mopar products and don't expect that to change.Once you own the best,why setlle for anything less?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I can appreciate a lot of different cars as long as someone else owns them !
I am a Mopar guy , not e body specific , I do own 2 Chargers & would love to own others as well .
I have owned close to 100 vehicles & 97 were Mopars , , I rarely even consider anything else , I if I want a truck I get a Cummins , Mini van for our business I buy a Caravan , muscle car too many to choose from , supercar , Viper or Hellcat .
I work on everything & Mopar generally has the best engineering , they were way ahead in the 50s-60s & is usually well designed for working on them others not so much & as far as durability nothing seems to measure up especially if you look at the Cummins !! . I might consider a Lamborghini , Porsche , Ferrari , Lotus , or Ford GT if I could buy it for the right $$ but if I can buy a Viper for similar or less the Viper would be in my driveway . Nothing is perfect & you can get a lemon in any make but overall I stick with Mopar products , I really need a Cummins powered Suburban type truck if anyone is paying attn. , may buy a Dodge Sprinter to fill the need right now .
Oh yeah so far Zero Rice I owned 2 GM trucks my first & my last , I needed a dually & could not find a Dodge to buy , in one year the GM cost me 65% of the cost of a new Cummins , total dumb descision figuring I would save $$ buying a used GM , only made that mistake once in my life !

Last edited:

Raycuda

Reaction score
I consider myself a Mopar guy, but I do have a Foxbody Mustang and a C5 vette.

Ray'sMUSTANG.jpg

Vette 2.JPG

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I like them all. I appreciate many of the other makes and models. Most of my buddies all own Brand X vehicles. I work on more GM's and Ferd's than my own. I just choose to spend my money on Mopars.... And, like to be different.

Back