• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

e-body mounts

inprogress

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a decent set of engine mounts for my 74 challenger 360. the anchor mounts tore within the first trip around the block..lil help please.the poly-loc mounts are almost 200$ a pair

moparleo

Reaction score
Seriously? Are both engine mounts breaking? Is this "normal driving", no burnouts ? Did you check the trans mount also ?
If you want to go cheap, try a piece of chain or cable strapped to the left(driver) motor mount bolt and to a hole in the K-frame.

Michael_Ecks

Reaction score
I've heard that those poly-locs are every bit as harsh as solid mounts. That said I have had solids in my car for years (Moroso pieces I think) and they don't bother me much. I've heard some people run a solid mount on the driver side to control torque lean, and a regular biscuit on the passenger side for less vibration transfer, but I would worry about breaking an ear off the block if one side is shifting and the other isn't.

You might consider these mag-mounts from Mancini. I've heard nothing but good about them on other forums and they are probably what I am going to replace my solids with eventually.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/maheduenmo.html

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I often jump the mount with a 6 " steels strap bolted to the block & through pin in the mount just to eliminate the possiblitiy of the mount pulling apart , easy to make but hard to install LOL

Back