• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

e-body pricing

mrjlr

Reaction score
I agree with pagilman. I just purchased a 73 Barracuda. Its has a 383 Big Block with the 4 Speed Hurst. It has beautiful ralley red paint with black side stripes, in mint condition. Not one spot of rust on the car. Originally a California car that found its way to Ohio and always garaged until I brought it back home to California. Most people who look at it don't even know what year it is, but it doesn't really matter. Its a MOPAR and it deserves the same respect that is given to the 70-71 Cudas. I paid $29k and worth every penney. In fact I've only had it a few months and already have had offers for $35k and $38k. Like they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :). Like everyone is saying, "value is what people are willing to pay and sell".
Pictures! !

Jeff

racerkilla

Reaction score
I have been offer 35k for my 73 340 4 speed car.. Its insured for 40k and they didn't bat an eye at that value.. the price of any nice e body is 25k plus now. Complete junk is going for 5 k and semi ratty driver for 15. I don't think prices are going down anytime soon

bethel2.png

bethel3.png

cuda2.png

racerkilla

Reaction score
Go buy a stripped one and try to build it.. Good reproduction parts are expensive and finding good clean 40 plus year old original stuff is getting to be harder. You can put 20-30k in these fast. I put close to 20 in my orange cuda and that was my dad giving me the car with a fresh 340 in it with a 4 speed and ralley dash already. Fenders, louver and air cleaner is 2500 alone

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Sorry about the quality of photos, but like I said I just received the car and these are photos when it was being delivered. If the car seems like its leaning to the left rear, that's because I received the car with a small leak on the left rear tire. All good now. Just need to detail the engine bay a little and maybe change out the tires/wheels. Any suggestions on what would look good on this car? Thanks

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

Last edited:

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
By the way racerkilla, you have a beautiful car!!!:cool: Love the orange color, which was the color of my 69 Roadrunner when I was in high school. Wish I had that one back. I always wonder if it still exists???? Been a very long time ago....like 44 years ago.

mrjlr

Reaction score
Sorry about the quality of photos, but like I said I just received the car and these are photos when it was being delivered. If the car seems like its leaning to the left rear, that's because I received the car with a small leak on the left rear tire. All good now. Just need to detail the engine bay a little and maybe change out the tires/wheels. Any suggestions on what would look good on this car? Thanks

View attachment 45700

View attachment 45701

View attachment 45702

View attachment 45703
Holy crap.....that's beautiful!
I suggest you drive the freakin wheels off that car!!!
What part of California are you in?
I have a 68 Cuda....I'm in Chino.

Jeff

20171118_090815.jpg

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. You have a beautiful car also! We have the same style wheels. Mine have a bit of surface rust that is not visible so I need to have them polished. I am actually thinking of going with different wheels and tires but friends of mine say to keep that original style wheel. What do you think? I am also looking at getting different tires, but Im not sure what to go with. How do you like those BFG's? I live in Sonora which is about an hour drive north of Yosemite.

Sergio

mrjlr

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. You have a beautiful car also! We have the same style wheels. Mine have a bit of surface rust that is not visible so I need to have them polished. I am actually thinking of going with different wheels and tires but friends of mine say to keep that original style wheel. What do you think? I am also looking at getting different tires, but Im not sure what to go with. How do you like those BFG's? I live in Sonora which is about an hour drive north of Yosemite.

Sergio

I love the original rally wheels. ...but I sure wouldn't mind some Cragers ....give it a cool 70s look!
I'm rolling on 15x8 on all 4 corners.....
Are you driving her much? I would be!

Jeff

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
I had an orange 69 Roadrunner 4 speed w/bucket seats/console in high school. Wish I still had it and could track it down. Sold it when I lived in Dixon (Sacramento area) in 1974. I always wonder what may have happened to it. I blew up the engine and sold it for $1500:(. I had a 383 Mag with Cragers. What do you think about the American Racing Wheels? I have 15x7 in front and 15x8 on the rear. I've only driven it a couple times, but have only had it maybe two months. Im new at this but learning a lot on EBodies.

racerkilla

Reaction score
Thank you.. I like your red cuda as well. Big block already.. 4 speed? Looks like a good car to build on for future work.. As for my orange cuda I just finished it this fall. Took me like 8 years to do the entire car. 3 frame rails, inner fenders, rockers, 1/4s trunk etc. Did all the work ourselfs(me and dad)...paint, engine, interior, glass... Be happy you have a together car to start off with. Better to spend more money up front because cheaper in the long run. Also own a green one

cuda11.JPG

old4.jpg

tt1.png

last2.png

green.png

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
Wow, you did a great job on your orange AAR? Yea my 73 Cuda was converted from a 318 3 spd to a 383 BB 4 speed before I purchased it. Im currently working on fine tuning the engine, installing an MDS distributor, high end plugs and wires, MDS coil, etc. I would like to install new tires and wheels but not sure what would look the best. Any ideas? Thanks

RangerTom

Reaction score
I paid 20k for my 70 cuda from my uncle. It was worth every penny. This car was my father's that he ordered in 1970 and it was made in CA. The car is all original with a 340, auto trans it even has the State inspection sticker on the windshield.
IMG_20171217_170632.jpg

mrjlr

Reaction score
Wow, you did a great job on your orange AAR? Yea my 73 Cuda was converted from a 318 3 spd to a 383 BB 4 speed before I purchased it. Im currently working on fine tuning the engine, installing an MDS distributor, high end plugs and wires, MDS coil, etc. I would like to install new tires and wheels but not sure what would look the best. Any ideas? Thanks
Cragers for sure!

Jeff

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
I paid 20k for my 70 cuda from my uncle. It was worth every penny. This car was my father's that he ordered in 1970 and it was made in CA. The car is all original with a 340, auto trans it even has the State inspection sticker on the windshield. View attachment 46172

$20,000? Wow...is it safe to say you got a bit of a "family discount"? lol Great looking car!! Some very nice cars in this thread.

In any event, to go back to the OP which I know was made many years ago....well, I'm just going to respectfully disagree that the 72-74's take a backseat to the earlier models. I get that the 70-71 years are more highly desired. They all look so similar except for some minor differences, but honestly, to me, they have some things I like better, and some things I don't. For example, I like the look of front end of my 74 Challenger better than the 70. As for the engines, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, so many of these have been modified through the years and would more than hold their own against the 70's engines.

I paid $21,000 for my Challenger Rallye, and from the research I did, I felt like I did pretty good.

Mad Cuda

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on changing out a backup light switch on a 383 4 speed tranny. Backup light don't work so I want to change out the switch. When I unscrewed the old one from the tranny, gear oil started coming out. Do I need to drain out the tranny oil or did someone overfill it? Any help would be appreciated it.

Back