• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body sunroof cars

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Bump - latest update is out for the 1970 Challengers - just go back to the top of Page 1 of this thread and hit the link, or just hit this link:

http://www.blackhillsmopars.org/files/pdf/Sunroof1970DodgeChallengers.pdf

Four more cars have been added. An FC7 Challenger (originally FF4) currently for sale in New Hampshire, A true FC7 Challenger that was on eBay in 2013, A big project Challenger R/T EB7 440 car posted on FaceBook, and another huge project that was posted on cuda-challenger a while back.

Enjoy!
Scott.

jeff968

Reaction score
Very cool. I remember when the guy contacted me with the sunroof 70 T/A. I Couldn't believe it existed. Must be an interesting story as it was built in May 1970 while all the other T/As were done by April. It has the highest VIN of all the T/As produced. Someone must have pulled some strings to get it built.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Bump - A couple of 70s have surfaced (one long dead), a new 72 Challenger and a new 72 Barracuda. Check the links on the first page of this thread. Enjoy!
Scott.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Cuda Hunter,
I got the picture from a contact of mine who likes the 72 sunroof cudas also. All he had was the picture with no details on the car. Here is his quote from May of this year "The black car now in primer wasn't too long ago right here on Facebook. Either Abandoned & Neglected or '72-'74 'Cuda site. Can't remember now. . .just right clicked on the pic and put it in my "Sunroof" folder."

I have yet to locate the picture of this car on Facebook either - happy hunting! If you do come across it - please let me know so I can update my info on the car. Thanks, Scott.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Another quick update - I have come across enough information to add a 2nd Sunroof T/A to the 1970 sunroof Challenger pamphlet. Not a whole lot of details on the car yet, but confident enough to know that it does exist. The link to the pamphlet on the first page of this thread has been updated.
Scott.

Last edited:

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Alan of Alan Gallant Automotive Restorations is currently restoring a pair of 1970 sunroof Challengers. They are coming along nicely. Here are some pics and Alan's link for more pics. ALAN GALLANT AUTOMOTIVE RESTORATION

70FC7RT021116__9_.JPG

70FC7RT021516__1_.JPG

70FC7RT021516__3_.JPG

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Hello mysticwarrior! A very neat car you had there. There is a member on cuda-challenger.com that has posted a couple of times (moparporsche) in my E body sunroof thread - says he has a 71 plum crazy sunroof Challenger 340/4-spd that he is just about finished restoring. I was guessing that he was the one that picked up your old ride.
Scott.

incautiious

Reaction score
Could be. So far as I know my old 71 was the only FC7 340/4 speed car made. It's funny if it's the same car, as mine was pretty well done. So much so that 2 years after I sold it back in 2006 it was for sale for $65K. They never go it. And I believe it wound up near DC.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Could be. So far as I know my old 71 was the only FC7 340/4 speed car made. It's funny if it's the same car, as mine was pretty well done. So much so that 2 years after I sold it back in 2006 it was for sale for $65K. They never go it. And I believe it wound up near DC.
Interesting. I would guess that it would be the only FC7 340/4-spd sunroof car also for 1971. After you sold it, it looks like it hit eBay at least once in 2009, and then found its way to MotoeXotica in the St. Louis area: 1971 Dodge Challenger RT | MotoeXotica Classic Car Sales

Super cool car and fun to drive I bet.
Thanks, Scott.

Erich

Reaction score
I have a 1971 barracuda with a power moon roof i've had in storage for 15 years. vin bh23g1b307679 . I don't know much about cuda's. im a ford guy. it was my father in laws car I got when he passed. ill do it some day...

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have a 1971 barracuda with a power moon roof i've had in storage for 15 years. vin bh23g1b307679 . I don't know much about cuda's. im a ford guy. it was my father in laws car I got when he passed. ill do it some day...

Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
Looking forward to some pictures of the 71 Barracuda
Dino2 (1).gif

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
As far as I know there are no factory 70,71,73,74 cuda's with moon roof.
Does your car have a build sheet?
How about a fender tag readout?
Would love to know more about the car. I'm intrigued....

quapman

Reaction score
I saw a 74 cuda with factory sun/moon roof on ebay a few years ago when I was dead broke. Never say never!

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Very nice! Would love to see some pictures the next time you have a chance to do so. Also - check out the Website I have set up for Sunroof Mopars - just Google Mopar Sunroof Registry - and you will find it. Thanks, Scott.

MoparPorsche

Reaction score
Hi, Yes I do own the car now and just finished a complete restoration or the car. Another cool option on the car is that it had factory cassette, which is 71 was extremely rare.

Back