• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Edelbrock Carb Help Please

73Banana

Reaction score
Hello all, from left to right i will number them 1,2 and 3. Pic 1 the mechanic welded those two levers together. Just below the top spring in the photo. Why was this done? Obviously, the new carb didn't have the spot weld.
Pic 2, the flap does not close all the way resulting in difficult starting attempts. Along with this pic 2, pic 3 shows the electric choke lever to the max with my finger. How do i adjust the pic 1 & 2 issue?
Thanks

IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6737.JPG

IMG_6738.JPG

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! I'm assuming you've got a 73 Challenger that's Banana. Pictures of that would be nice.

Unfortunately, Edelbrock carbs don't come with Mopar automatic linkage. You have to buy a separate piece. From the first picture, it looks like someone cludged together something. The choke butterflies are adjusted via the rod going to the cadmium plated bracket midway between you finger and the fuel line in picture 3 (this is assuming the weird welded bracketry on the other side isn't holding everything including the throttle butterfly partially open).

73Banana

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! I'm assuming you've got a 73 Challenger that's Banana. Pictures of that would be nice.

Unfortunately, Edelbrock carbs don't come with Mopar automatic linkage. You have to buy a separate piece. From the first picture, it looks like someone cludged together something. The choke butterflies are adjusted via the rod going to the cadmium plated bracket midway between you finger and the fuel line in picture 3 (this is assuming the weird welded bracketry on the other side isn't holding everything including the throttle butterfly partially open).
Thank you for having me. Have been a member before now back. Thanks for the advice, will work on it soon. I will post repair if am successful.
I'll post some pictures.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
An other question. Did he tack them together because the was a stumble? Looks like the acc pump is on the slower feed. 340 318 360?

73Banana

Reaction score
An other question. Did he tack them together because the was a stumble? Looks like the acc pump is on the slower feed. 340 318 360?
What would a "stumble" mean? How can i tell if the accelerator pump is on slow feed? The engine is a 360.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
When cold and the accelerator pedal is depressed that starts to opens the primaries as Excude explained. The chock should snap shut.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The diagram Moparleo posted is how it should be set up. If not there can be permanent damage to the transmission. Find out why the linkage was tacked together. As others mentioned there might be reason not understood here at this time. It might be interfering with the choke as mentioned.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I ask for the carburetor # to find an exploded view. It doesn't show enough of the linkage connection from one side to the other.
C4-AFB 1141.jpg

Back