• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Edelbrock LD340 intake

hammer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on this intake manifold, how would it be for street use and what size carb would fit on here. I have a 340 4 speed that I will be putting into a 71 Challenger Convert and would like to get good performance and gas mileage. Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have used this manifold several times and it has worked well. I used it with an automatic. It may work better with the 4 speed.

pagilman

Reaction score
I have one, haven't installed it , everything I have heard about them is very good. Good all around intake that pulls strong for street application.......

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
One of the best intakes ever made for the 340 , I would port match it .
The next best or possiibly better is the RPM air gap

Rob C

Reaction score
I have 2. 1 modified as per the MP books and the other dead stock.

IMO, you'll not need to port match it. it should be really super close to the gasket size all ready. (Fel-Pro)
Any 4bbl. carb will fit on top except a Dominator. As far as CFM goes, 600 cfm will do it.

This intake (LD340) only takes square bore carb's like a Holley or Edelbrock/Carter AFB/AVS. But it can be modified to accept a TQ.

Also, IMO, the RPM will have an edge in MPG's and power. The swooping runners and extra height of the carb pad give it this edge. While the runners are not gasket size, I would not port match the runners to the gasket/head unless a max power search is on.

This intake (RPM) only takes square bore carb's like a Holley or Edelbrock/Carter AFB/AVS.

Back