• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electrical Issue

71droptop

Reaction score
Posted an electrical issue earlier. Car seemed to lose electrical continuity. Amp gage didnt register- Flipped on the head lights the amp gage didnt blink.
Stopped for gas and the car wouldnt start. So yesterday i felt energetic and started to trouble shoot.
Long story short- left keys in the ignition- Door open. Twisted the + battery cable on to the battery. The key in the ignition buzzer came on.
Continued to attach the + cable and the Buzzer cut out. Found the connection going to the Horn relay switch was poor at the Battery cable..
Looked ok but when i tinkered with it the Buzzer would go on and off. Problem solved
Thanks to all for previous input.

7ICHALLENGER 5.JPG

7ICHALLENGER1.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Perfect example of why you everyone should check, clean all electrical connections and grounds. And not just the battery cables but electrical issues will crop up on all of these cars, especially being almost 50 years old.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
On the other hand, I think it is a perfect example of a really beautiful car! Glad you found the problem and got it repaired.

Back