• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engin harness

jaws

Reaction score
Had a flipping rabbit eat the harness, and most of the wires off the motor. It is a 72 340 Challenger, with the factory electronic ignition. Shopping around the 73 harness looks closer than the 72 harness that I can find. I have not found a 72 harness that shows a electronic ignition plugs, just the 73 harness. Will the 73 harness work on a 72?

jaws

Reaction score
Yes. In fact, Mopar went with electronic ignition in late 72.

This car is a electronic car from the start. The 72 harness's I can find don't have the ignition plugs on them. I think I will order a 73 and be done with it. I just wanted to make sure. More of a A and B body guy, this car is my wifes car that she has had for 30 years.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Be careful , some of the wires may have changed position in the wiring plugs year to year so match it to the harness you remove from the car

challenger6pak

Reaction score
True. I switched years of harnesses one time and every time you turned on the wipers the horn would blow.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Horns were definatly one of the plugs that changed positions in the harnesses , but horns were moved in front of the rad with the light harness in later years away from the right inner fender , the wiper is on a completely seperate 4 pin plug though so I am not sure how it could trigger the horns

ramenth

Reaction score
Horns were definatly one of the plugs that changed positions in the harnesses , but horns were moved in front of the rad with the light harness in later years away from the right inner fender , the wiper is on a completely seperate 4 pin plug though so I am not sure how it could trigger the horns

Must have been a Lucas harness.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It was something in the dash harness. I don't remember what car it was. I don't think it was a Mopar.

jaws

Reaction score
Ordered a harness from Yearone, They listed one for a 72 with electronic ignition. Still need to get a wiper motor(yep he got that also) and new spark plug wires.

Back