• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

engine died...several time

ram250098

Reaction score
engine died...several times

I am at a loss my 73 Cuda with a 383 was running great untill I pulled up to a stop light and she died. It started right up and died again but started right up again. Then she ran great for 20 minutes stopped at a few lights and did not stall.
Turned onto my road and died again, this time it was harder to start..but the old girl got me home..like a true Mopar I might add LOL
I put her in the garage and started her again without any problems and jiggled every wire I could and she kept running.
What am I missing??? At a loss here.
Thanks
AL

Last edited:

the wall

Reaction score
good place to start also if you have future problems check the ballast resister and the connectors on the ballast get corroded also but i think you may have it

ram250098

Reaction score
Thanks I hope so LOL. I thought the orange box would have showed some signs of going bad, like the back melting but it looked ok. It was the first thing I thought it would be....some guys replace the cheap stuff first...not me ROTF..
AL

burdar

Reaction score
You didn't replace it with another orange box did you? They have had a lot of quality issues as of late. MP outsoarced their production a number of years back. You're better off with a cheap $20 parts store ECU.

ram250098

Reaction score
Thanks Burdar, that is what I did...but where can you get on for that price? LOL
The cheapest here in Ontario is $80 for an OEM replacement.
Al

burdar

Reaction score
I didn't see that you were in Canada. All the parts stores around here have them for around $20. That's the base unit...they have more expensive ones. If you know someone in the US, they could probably ship one to you cheaper then $80.

burntorange70

Reaction score
How hard is it to replace wiring harness?
Thank you
Nick

Welcome to FEBO Nick. Good to have you here. You should start your own thread for your problem so more people will see it. Give as much info on the trouble you are having as you can.

It's not hard to change them out. I like to keep notes of where every thing goes so you get the new one pluged in to the right places. A service or Hanes manual comes in handy too.

Back