• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine Dilemma

EMCD

Reaction score
I just bought a newly rebuilt TQ carb and a used, but in outstanding condition Edelbrock Torquer manifold, 750 Holley carb, K&N filter, and mopar performance air filter lid. I also recently pulled the trigger on a set of new heads that have been resurfaced in a CBN high speed milling machine. .005 was removed from each head to true the surface. A full 3 angle valve job was preformed on the heads in a Serdi 100 seat cutting machine. The valves are new USA made Martin Wells industries stainless steel, They are swril polished with undercut stems, Size is 2.02x1.60. Bronze guideliners, and genuine teflon PC seals have been installed as well. The heads have new Elgin industries 1.55 single valve springs with dampers. They are installed with new chromoly retainers. The springs have 105lbs closed psi and will accommodate .500 lift. Heads also have nickel chrome hardened exhaust seats installed. So, the car still runs wicked rich and I can barely get it started. I know it’s a carb problem, but could the intake be fouled with carbon build up? Should I get a cam and lifters and do the whole top half of the motor? Or, should I just drop the TQ on top of the existing manifold and see how it runs? I’m getting a comp check today to see how my #’s look.

6packcuda

Reaction score
Float level could be too high or the needle & seat could have some crud stuck in it and can't completely shut off the fuel flow.

Rob C

Reaction score
You can not "FOUL" and intake. You fpoul plugs.

The carb is retardly rich and you'll need a jet kit. There about 30 bucks to your door or so from Summit racing. This would be a kit from Holley Grab the big box of jets from like IIRC jet size 66 through 100

To use the TQ on the Torker intake, you'll need an adapter which will raise the carb to high for you to close the hood. Been there done that. Wont fit.

Back