• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine Mounts

Cazbah362

Reaction score
OK - Have a 70 Challenger with a small block, getting ready to put in a 451 (B Motor). I would like to use simple NAPA mounts, can anyone point me in the right direction for a part number? and let me know if there is any issue using factory mounts. Trying to keep this simple

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Actually have used Schumackers on many of my past swaps, was looking of factors mounts. Was hoping I could use factory ones, just not sure if I can

Cazbah362

Reaction score
MoparLeo - was looking to save some money and not spend the $165.

burntorange70

Reaction score
From what I understand E bodies have a standard K frame 70-74 and all you would need is mounts and brackets for your application to do any V8 swapping. Think you would only need "swap" mounts if you were going to or from a S/6 or Hemi. Not 100% on that though. Can any one back me up on that?

moparleo

Reaction score
I got your back. Stock motor mounts are only economical if you don't have to keep replaceing them.

BTW, how much do you have tied up in the 451? and how do you plan on driving it? These are all considerations to be taken into account when making an informed decision.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree with Burnt O , the K is the same for all V8s except Hemi all you need is the mount & engine bracket . I have run a piece of 1" flat steel across from the engine block ear to the cross pin below the rubber pad , virtually invisable but will stop the rubber mount from pulling apart .

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Burnt and Chryco - Thank you both, that is what I was trying to figure out and could not get a staright answer for it.

After all this went to Schumachers and bought their mounts. The motor is a tame 450/500 HP, it is a cruiser, so trying to keep it that way. Really nothing special, 452's with some work, H-beams, Icon's 10-1, small Hyd cam, 1.6 RAS rockers, M-1 and Dougs headers, 3500, reverse pattern.

Back