• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust sound

cudaracer

Reaction score
So I have Pypes on my 72 E-Body with 318 slightly modified and Dakota exhaust manifolds, slightly ported. They have the X-cross pipe, aluminized and route through the valence.

I hate them. They drone and drone and drone.

Before I spend money on resonators, I would rather swap out mufflers. I want something a bit more quiet and deep, not this thashing tinny sound I get with pypes.
Are there Dynomax Super Turbos that will fit?

any suggestions out there to cure my dilemma?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I am sure Dynomax makes soethingthat would fit Hooker Aero chambers are another option but you did not list what type of mufflers are in the system now !

cv70chall

Reaction score
Yeah, I used the system from Accurate too. I've got a small block but wanted an OEM style exhaust. They have the whole deal- and it fit nicely and sounds good.

brasil

Reaction score
had the magnafow mufflers. under my car... way to load ! so I added a pair of raptor mufflers ( besides the gas tank ) now the car is quiet ( a Little toquiet in my opinon )

So what to do ? I bought a set of HP Manifolds...ordered the headpipes from TTI and the OEM Muffler/Resonator set-up ... within the next weeks all the parts should be arrived...and I will install all the parts.
Will let you know about the SOUNDRESULTS

Greetings Juergen

P.S and yes PYPES sucks... I had them under my 75 Poncho.... drone and rattling..all the way.... lot of work until the System fitted more or less und my car...

crash520

Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2" Magnaflow system with a pair of 6x6 magnaflow mufflers either side of the gas tank, it is kind of quiet but barks a little when stood on.
[video]
temporary-1.jpg
[/video]

mmissile

Reaction score
Can't hear it, but those look loud. I'm putting a pair of the stainless Magnaflow 14" ovals under the car as resonators, and stainless Magnaflow 14" round mufflers in the original muffler position.

brasil

Reaction score
just a thought.... would it be a good idea to remove the resonatorsunder the rear seat ? just in case the sound is to quiet with the complete OEM Exhaust System...

Greetings Juergen

currently I am working on my Exhaust System installed HP Mainfolds yesterday...today I will go further with the pipes and the muffer /Resonator...

mmissile

Reaction score
I'm personally looking for as quiet as possible....with little to no back pressure. I have 2 1/2" magnaflow ovals under the rear seat, and magnaflow round 14" mufflers in the original position. All straight-thru, stainless, 2 1/2"....with TTI stainless tips. It should speak softly, and be swingin' a big stick.

Back