• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fair price for swiss cheese challenger?

road/track

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for advice

Went to have a look at this challenger the other day, theres nothing left of the floor, trunk, or rear section of the frame. its broken and coming up through the trunk floor pan. Fenders and quarters will need to be replaced as well as the hood. Seems that theres not much left other than the front frame section, firewall, and the roof.

Part of me says be patient, save my schillings, and buy something in better shape from the states in the spring.

Do you guys think its worth 3K bucks? I plan on building a RT clone out of it, Probably be a 12 Month project.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1974-Dodge-Challenger-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ389311355

Thanks in advance
Mark

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Save your $. There are alot of projects people give up on. There has actually been a couple on here recently that were in decent shape in the 5K range. Sounds like you will have over 5K in new sheetmetal in a (I'm guessing 318/auto car.) Thats if you do the work yourself. That is 8k already plus interior/ drivetrain R/T parts. I've been down this road. My 2 cents, I'm sure others will disagree

road/track

Reaction score
thanks rbbruno3, i did the math and yes i will be looking around 5k in new reproduction steel. not to mention countless hours replacing it all.

As much as i want something to work on, ill just spend the time reading your guys restoration threads while i wait for the right one. lots of info on this forum

BIGSHCLUNK

Reaction score
Sounds more like a parts car to me, just sayn......... The better the car you start with, the cheaper in the long run.

road/track

Reaction score
ill have to save my coffee change for that one, ill wait a few months and check back. if its still available maybe its worth the drive from alberta.

Being this will be my first restoration project. i will start with something in better condition, i will be so excited to finish and get it on the road!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would call that first one at least $1,000 overpriced. The `70 & `71 at Baughmans look like better deals, too bad you're not closer to them. Best of luck with your search and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The more you spend initially the more it will save you , buy something decent & don't be in a hurry

Last edited:

Revhard

Reaction score
I paid a g for my rust bucket. I would not pay anything else though. Cause it looks like its there dont mean it is when it is rusted out.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I agree about paying alittle more for a nicer car to begin with. I found this as a roller & continue to make inprovements as I go. Overall I have alot less into it than it looks.

100_1664 [640x480].jpg

Back