• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

fender turn signals

Racecar32

Reaction score
Hey guys I have fender turn signals on my 73 Challenger . We painted the car , I took the signals off the fenders before paint . Got the car back put them back on and plug them up but would not work. I'm getting power up to the sockets but when I put blubs in I get nothing . I went a bought new blubs and still get nothing but as I say I'm getting power to the sockets . Also I'm getting turn signals in the valance as I should. Any ideas ????

Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
Probably not getting a ground. There is only a power wire, correct? Try using some star washers underneath, with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.

Racecar32

Reaction score
Probably not getting a ground. There is only a power wire, correct? Try using some star washers underneath, with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.
Yes just power wire but my test light is getting power to it . But I’ll try that tomorrow appreciate it

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the lights need ground to the body or have an extra ground wire added , with new paint I doubt you have a ground but if you attach a jumper from the light housing under the fender to a ground the light should work .

Old B5

Reaction score
Thanks. I got a better ground using tooth washers on the housing. Everything has been painted during restoration. Making everything look pretty doesn't make it work any better.

Back