• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Flywheels

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree although if the entire rotating assy is out of the block it could be balanced to work . but new flywheels are cheap enough from McLeod or Brewers

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Only if the weight stays the same , by using lighter pistons & rods all the weight can be reduced so no mallory is required

392Charger

Reaction score
Recently put my "mostly" 73 Cuda back on the road and I am currently working some bugs out of her! One issue I could use help with is the tranny. She has a 727 behind a 340 six pack and it was rebuilt about 5 years ago, when you apply light throttle (hard to do!) after coasting it has a run away effect. Give it a lot of gas and it kicks in and goes. Where do I start?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
You should start a different thread for thsi
Anyway if it doesn't kickdown it may have adjustement problems or more likely the valve body has been reworked to semi or fully manual .
it also sound like you have a high stall converter so when you lift off the throttle the rpm drops & the converter unlocks so it feels like it is coasting until you get back on the htrottle & bring the rpm up again .
SO you probably need a different converter but this could kill the performance off as the converter may lock in before the engine is into the powerband making it very sluggish at lower RPM

392Charger

Reaction score
Sorry for wrong title. Still learning how to navigate this site. I will repost. And thank you for the insight.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I too am confused , the flex plate will swap between 318 & 360 as it has no effect on balance

Back