• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

For Sale 1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible $35000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finoke

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my 1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible. I am asking $35,000 firm with no trades. It's an original Plum Crazy, white interior, white top car. It was not optioned for the body side molding which a lot of these cars had. Which makes it perfect to add longitudinal stripes. I bought a set in white but haven't got around to putting them on.

This car is a 318 console automatic and is all numbers matching. I can supply pictures to show the numbers. I had thought it was all original sheet metal but it looks like the bottom rear driver side qtr was replaced at some point in its life. You can see the seam in the trunk.

The paint is very nice with a high gloss. The body is shiny and straight. The frame rails and torque boxes are all nice. No rot anywhere. The trunk floor has surface rust but is the original. I replaced the carpet and took pictures of the floors while the seats were out. The floors are perfect. The engine compartment is unrestored. I don't think the engine has ever been out of the car. It's still a points ignition.

The car was painted in 1979 at which point the R/T hood was added. It's been garage kept since then according to the previous owner. The paint was a soft enamel and needed to be touched up in areas when I got it. I stripped the car and had it repainted in base coat clear coat. I also reupholstered the seats and changed out the cracked dash pad.

Not a lot of options on this car. It's manual brakes and manual steering. The original am radio works but the speaker cone was brittle and broke. So I didn't reinstall the speaker when I changed out the cracked dash pad.

My convertible has undergone a cosmetic restoration only But it does runs great. I drove it to Carlisle in July for the Chrysler Nationals. The trip was 120 miles each way. No issues. It doesn't burn oil and has good pick up. It shifts fine. It does have a slight trans drip which a lot of the old mopars have from infrequent use.

I'm only contemplating selling the car because I came across a 71 Cuda Convertible that I want to buy. I can't afford to keep both.

Please PM me with any questions or picture requests. The car is near Philadelphia, Pa.

Thanks
Tom

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back