• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Frame Rails For 70 Hemi Cuda, Please Help

heybird426

Reaction score
IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg.....Hello, the last time I posted I was looking for Frame Rails 70 Cuda, well I got them and if anyone can tell me the dimensions between the frame rails inside and outside at the torsion bar cross member. I made a big mistake by not measureing. I did scribe the outline of the old ones but the replacements do not match. I can square the rails from the leaf spring mounts & everything is square using lert rear to right front & opposite for the other side. It's square but scribe lines say different. The old rails and the replacements are the same but no luck. If anyone can help me with this that would be great, Thanks......Heybird.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'll get it for you, I have a doner E-body front clip behind my shop. I'll post it up later today.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I love that you posted up pics after you got the measurement, let me know when you need the spelling of my last name when putting together the credits, lol.
Lookin' good!

heybird426

Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted but slowly Im getting this car together, got the frame rails all welded in now Im doing some work on the underneath getting it ready for paint.

08142011 (3).jpg

08142011 (4).jpg

08142011 (6).jpg

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
Heybird, I too will be doing the very same thing to my '73. It has rust to most of the bottom areas and I will be cutting it all out and starting with new everything including F/R frame rails. I do not have a rotiserie, but love how you have the car inverted. Much easier to work on. I will be measuring / thoroughly documenting / photographing EVERYTHING prior to cutting. What other advice would you have? How did you flip the car without a rotiserie? Thanks in advance for any advice! - Kerry

heybird426

Reaction score
It Wasn't easy, Im a machine repairest by trade and am used to flipping machinery so I rigged up my own pully system with a few pullys and chain and some strong rope and a little help from a few friends. The only thing I can tell you is measure, measure, and measure more. Make sure you get the specks for your car and anyone in this fourm will help you as much as they can. I have received alot of good advice from some great people here. Thanks everyone for your nice words and if anyone has any advice for me, please let me know.

heybird426

Reaction score
Well the framerails are all welded in and the whole underneth is primed and painted, now for the fule lines and break lines. Hope you like the pics.

IMG_0007 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0013 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0019 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0006 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0011 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0015 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0021 - Copy.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Really looks great! Is this car getting a full resto or was it in a front end accident?

heybird426

Reaction score
I hate to say it was a front end accident in a drag race with a 5.0 pony, pretty stupid I know but I will get this car back to the way it was.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
We all make some mistakes here and there, at least you don't lack good judgement like the guy you were racing. Think about it...he actually was driving a Ford!

heybird426

Reaction score
Yes very true, but I should of known better. I mean come on, a HEMI VS A 5.0, Very stupid on my part.

Back