• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fresh Air Box

Brent Johnson

Reaction score
I’m new to the site, but I joined to get some advice and guidance. I’m restoring a 70 Challenger RT. I’m currently rebuilding the non-ac heater box. I ordered the Big non ac heater box seal gasket kit from Detroit Muscle Technologies. It came today and it looks like it has everything I need for the heater box. My problem and the reason for the Post is my driver’s side fresh air box. The rubber seal that seals out the air when the valve is closed is crumbling away. I guess I should expect that on a 50 year old vehicle. I’ve looked on several restoration parts sites and I can’t seem to find anything. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to site from Panama Brent
Ceck wit Roseville Moparts or make your own.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock Brent! I bought them years ago from Classic industries. Like Chryco said, you could make your own pretty easy if you can’t find em. Glad you’re on the site.

Brent Johnson

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I didn’t look long but I suspect I will have to try and make my own. I haven’t disassembled the box yet so I’m not sure what it will take.

Ralph

Reaction score
Try "the heater box guy", find him on the internet.

Back