• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

front fender flares & wide tires - help and ideas needed

hogpowr

Reaction score
I'm transforming my 70 challenger into more track car. I know I can 245s up front. Based on some basic measurements, I THINK... I could get 275s up front with rolled lips and right back-spacing.

I would like to get front tires closer to 295 or 305 so the car will really turn. Has anyone jammed a 275 up front without fender flares? Has anyone flared the fenders? I would like some pictures and opinions on flares. I hate to alter the look of the car too much, but I need some grip up front to help with the "push".
P.S. I'm running 335 in the back.

IMG_1885.jpgIMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

hogpowr

Reaction score
Ya. I've been studying the sam posey car.. its not a bad idea. That car doesn't look like flares so much as the fender was "bubbled" out.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I can't say I've ever seen actual aftermarket flares for these cars but I have seen one or two bad jobs done with fiberglass fabric and filler.

moaparman25

Reaction score
There is a guy from Cuda-challenger.com who built his own gender flares, out of metal, he runs either 315s or 335s up front I can't remeber, his name is brad, I'll find his thread and post a link. He's a member here too, Brads70

Last edited:

moaparman25

Reaction score
Here is his thread, running 315s up front, the thread is 24 pages long, but covers a lot of stuff, handling and brake upgrades, etc. the gender flaring portion starts on page 15 or so

moaparman25

Reaction score
On a side note Hogpower, did u make that AAR hood for your car? I looked got one forever! Ended up settling for a t/a hood, but I would still buy a AAR style in a hearbeat

hogpowr

Reaction score
Yes I had the hood built... and finished it myself. I found a fiberglass company out of ontario canada that said they could put any scoop on any hood. they roughed it in, I finished it. I love the AAR Cuda hood, but no one makes it for a challenger.

hogpowr

Reaction score
I think I"m going to try and do the sam posey fender flare route. just round out the top.. I hate to change the beautiful lines of the car. Then the next question.. I don't need fender flares out back, as I tubbed and narrowed things. But should I flare the rear so it matches the front.

Back