• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel Filter Remova;

Mesmerized63

Reaction score
I want to change out my fuel filter. What is the best way to remove these clips from the hoses? TIA.

filter.JPG

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I'd be interested as to the "correct way" to do this too. As a backyard mechanic, I use a dykes style pliers and cut them off at the more exposed part that sticks out. Then I install a new clamp. My understanding is you will need the correct crimping tool to reinstall this type of clamp. I was told Harbor Freight has them. Since my car is not all numbers matching and I do not have this special tool, I use standard style clamps.

Mesmerized63

Reaction score
I'd be interested as to the "correct way" to do this too. As a backyard mechanic, I use a dykes style pliers and cut them off at the more exposed part that sticks out. Then I install a new clamp. My understanding is you will need the correct crimping tool to reinstall this type of clamp. I was told Harbor Freight has them. Since my car is not all numbers matching and I do not have this special tool, I use standard style clamps.
I just purchased a kit that includes the filter, KW hoses and clamps and I also purchased the correct tool to install these clamps, just not 100% sure how to remove them.

moparlee

Reaction score
Time to get rid of those GM style clamps. Like Juan said, use a pair of dykes/side cutters and cut the ends off.

Xcudame

Reaction score
They're called Keystone clamps and the tool obviously is Keystone clamps crimper. A pair of dykes is the easiest way to cut them off. And don't sale the keystone clamps short. They provide a nice even load around the hose and won't dig into the rubber.

Back