• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel Injection Throttle Body and Fuel Tank Suggestions...PLEASE!!!

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Holley uses Tanks, Inc. for their tank kits. You can save money ordering the Tanks, Inc. tank, pump, and sending unit.
I purchased mine from EFI Systems Pro and requested the floatless sending unit (9" length) which does not have an arm or ball-float.
Pictures are of the Tanks, Inc. EFI Barracuda tank (comes powder-coated silver) with internal baffle and sump with tubes.
Tanks Inc tank for Cudajpg.jpg

Tanks Inc internal Cuda tank baffle.jpg

EFI Tank fuel pump sump.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a Tanks Inc. in my 71 Challenger with a 340 engine. The tank was easy to install and the in tank fuel pump works great.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    922.1 KB · Views: 175

Danny Boy

Reaction score
I have a Tanks Inc. in my 71 Challenger with a 340 engine. The tank was easy to install and the in tank fuel pump works great.
Wonderful,
What fuel pump did you purchase?
Type & Make FI?
Thanks - same as my application
Any pros/cons to your system?

69hemibeep

Reaction score
I just finished a Sniper system on my 440 Valiant using the in tank Holley pump and sending unit. By using this you do not need a return line and the pick up was barbed for both 5/16 and 3/8 line. I'm willing to bet without a return a 5/16 fuel line would work. Oh the gas gauge seems to be pretty close to correct on the 10 gallons I putr in so far.

moparroy

Reaction score
I just finished a Sniper system on my 440 Valiant using the in tank Holley pump and sending unit. By using this you do not need a return line and the pick up was barbed for both 5/16 and 3/8 line.
Cool - did you install that pump in the stock (non-baffled) tank? I have read some good reviews on their Hydramat filter and its ability to deal with low fuel levels without baffles but curious on experience. Yes the returnless set up is nice too (even if I already bought a return line :)).
Did you replace the ignition system too? I have read and FiTech told me the EFI systems don't like the ballast resistor ignition systems.
I am planning to get my 'Cuda running on carb first - then I might go to EFI later. So I am hoping to do it with a stock tank and the Holley pump if I do.
Spectra Premium also makes a baffled tank / pump kit for 'Cudas CR8CFI - looks closer to stock as the pump module goes into the side / stock location (vs Tanks Inc that goes in the top)

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Using a stock tank. I did get it fairly low without any issue but that was still a couple of gallons which makes me nervous. I have Chrysler electronic ignition with ballast. This thing tunes itself better than I can tune a carb the car got quicker.

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Foot note. The pickup is barbed for both 5/16 and 3/8 soft line so make sure you push it on and clamp to the correct barb.

Sal C

Reaction score
I have both the FiTech & Holley Sniper systems. FiTech in '67 Barracuda and Sniper in '73. I've had good luck with both but I prefer the Sniper for ease of use and support. Both have Tanks Inc efi tanks, can't say enough about how good they are...

Back