• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel pump in stock cuda gas tank

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
Was looking at this again before I order it. Can you confirm the feed and return sizes? The amazon link doesn't list any. Really hoping its a 3/8" outlet/feed line
What I would do is get the model number and go to manufacturers site to verify what it has and how it’s built mine is 2 years old.

Going by memory my tank supply is 3/8.
Return is 5/16. Transitioned from 3/8 line to 5/16 right at the tank with fittings.
This car had a stock 5/16 fuel line, replaced with 2 3/8 from fine lines. One supply and other return.
This link is for Cuda
70-74 Plymouth Barracuda / Cuda; 3/8" Fuel Tank to Pump Line; Steel | eBay

One other thing you need to be aware of, Mentioned this above about the pump filter sock it is 180 degrees out if your buying the fuel tank and it comes with a sump pan. If your getting just the pump for stock tank it’s fine. But I think I would get the Holley hydro mat for low fuel starvation.
Look closely at the fuel sock it looks folded. Probably still works maybe not ideal.
D31B4900-1EF0-4AD3-9E2F-31B4E2CBD8DD.jpeg

Last edited:

wayne

Reaction score
I called Spectra today. The product listing on their site only said 5/16" outlet so I had some concern. They told me it has a 5/16" and 3/8" fittings....couldn't confirm which one was feed or return though lol. He did say it would fit my stock 1970 cuda tank. Looks like I will be ordering it. Going to wait though and pull down my tank and inspect that as I might get a new tank if it looks cruddy. Will probably get to it later this week/weekend. We'll see.

I will look into the hydra mat too. Thanks for all your help!

wayne

Reaction score
I haven't ordered a tank yet. Haven't even looked at those options. Would like to use mine if looks ok. I need to pull it down and replace the filler neck.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
I called Spectra today. They told me it has a 5/16" and 3/8" fittings....couldn't confirm which one was feed or return though lol.

I will look into the hydra mat too. Thanks for all your help!
Wow that’s messed up, doesn’t give you the warmest feeling. Did you happen to call tech support?
If you look closely at the fuel pump assembly picture it sure looks like 3/8 supply and 5/16 return which is same as mine.
Looked up 70 Cuda 383 from rockauto
Shows 3/8 “inlet” and 5/16 “outlet” gotta be backwards (3/8 should be pump outlet and of course 5/16 inlet) probably bad input. Good luck to ya whatever you end up doing
A05F70E2-AF71-42DD-880F-96398CE83767.jpeg

wayne

Reaction score
I called the only # I found on the Spectra website. I talked to 2 people. neither instilled confidence on product knowledge. You could tell they were just reading the information they had. The only good thing was he did confirm there was a 3/8 & 5/16 line. Looking at the product image I can clearly see the line coming out of the pump is larger so it must be 3/8. I just need to pull my tank now and confirm what exactly I need before it order parts.

gzig5

Reaction score
I haven't ordered a tank yet. Haven't even looked at those options. Would like to use mine if looks ok. I need to pull it down and replace the filler neck.

I got what I feel was a good deal on a tank kit for my 73 from Dave @rosevillemoparts. I think they are members on this forum and you should get a discount if you mention that when you order. They are in your neck of the woods so you may be able to save on shipping.

I wouldn't worry about the 3/8 vs 5/16, I'm sure that is Out vs Return.

Zell

Reaction score
@Cudakiller70 I'm looking to put the same spectra EFI tank/fuel pump in a 74 Cuda. How has it worked out for you?

Also - what are the fittings called in this picture that allowed you to connect the solid line with a the fitting to the fuel pump inlet/outlets? Where did you get your fuel lines from?

1619323127136.png

Back