• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Golden Star Rally Hood vs Used?

LuckyDog

Reaction score
OK just got back from SEMA, the new Goodmark hood is here and looks great (No shipping issues). I will be fitting it to the can next week.

LuckyDog

Reaction score
OK, I have an update / review on the Goodmark hood.
The hood fits just like the old original hood.
The structure feels very solid.
As for the quality of the stamping, mostly great except for the area where the scoop inserts and the inner bulge line extend forward. at this point on both sides, the stamping pulls the body line inward and also causes the fitment of the insert to not quite fit correctly. I'm resolving mine with a little body filler and work but it looks like it could have been addressed when the die when made.
Overall I'm happy

goodmark hood.png

bullet18

Reaction score
OK, I have an update / review on the Goodmark hood.
The hood fits just like the old original hood.
The structure feels very solid.
As for the quality of the stamping, mostly great except for the area where the scoop inserts and the inner bulge line extend forward. at this point on both sides, the stamping pulls the body line inward and also causes the fitment of the insert to not quite fit correctly. I'm resolving mine with a little body filler and work but it looks like it could have been addressed when the die when made.
Overall I'm happy
View attachment 45278
Incase anyone was wondering as far as i know there are basically 2 manufacturers of aftermarket mopar sheet metal. AMD and some Taiwanese company called CHL. Ive bought my replacement parts from 4 different companies, action crash, goodmark, sherman, and classic2current, depending on who sells the part for the cheapest price. All of the parts from all of those companies have a CHL sticker on them and, as is to be expected from the cheapest product on the market, theyve all had fitment issues. I would assume that golden star is the same but i cant verify that as i havent bought from them. I dont know if this is the case for hoods as my hood is one of the seemingly few workable parts on my car but either way i would try and buy AMD or used if you have the budget. If youre like me and dont have the budget you can always buy the cheapest parts, put more work in and still drool over the AMD parts tent at the mopar nats and dream of the day you can afford them. Im glad you you didnt have to many issues with the hood through. Good luck with your project.

1521983875667460422416.jpg

Back