• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Golden Star Rally Hood vs Used?

LuckyDog

Reaction score
Has anyone used the golden star rally hood? My Rally hood bottom structure is rotted out. the top is nice, Any thoughts on buying the Rally Star hood vs trying to source a used hood? what about trying to repair mine by trying too replace the bottom structure and keep the top skin?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I’d really try to find an oem piece first, a quick google search on reviews of G.S. Metal makes it seem like a crapshoot as to wether it’ll fit well.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
AMD hoods are pretty good. You can sell yours to someone who wants to graft the bubble to another non factory application such as a pick up truck. Post some pics of your hood.

LuckyDog

Reaction score
Thanks DetMatt, I'll see what I can find that is OEM, after doing some more searching I see that Goodmark also make a Rally Hood??? Should have said for a Cuda

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thanks DetMatt, I'll see what I can find that is OEM, after doing some more searching I see that Goodmark also make a Rally Hood??? Should have said for a Cuda
Cuda and Challenger "rallye" hoods are different and are not interchangeable.
Dino2 (1).gif

challenger6pak

Reaction score
When you said Rallye, I was thinking 72 up Challenger hood. Post a pic of the rust in yours.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Paharamia, you can interchange the hoods as long as the header panel is used with the Cuda hood. I know because I ran a Challenger shaker hood on my Cuda sometime around 1980. I removed the Dodge emblem and filled in the holes. Things teens do.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Paharamia, you can interchange the hoods as long as the header panel is used with the Cuda hood. I know because I ran a Challenger shaker hood on my Cuda sometime around 1980. I removed the Dodge emblem and filled in the holes. Things teens do.
That is interesting it would have had a distinctive look I suppose it would be harder to run the Cuda hood on the Challenger because no bolt holes for the header panel.

aussiemark

Reaction score
The Goodmark hood may be ok, it's a shame AMD don't make them another part they should do is complete doors I would have bought a pair of them. Challengers are well covered by Dynacorn because they make the complete body shells.

340challconvert

Reaction score

Wow, never would have come to mind to use a cuda hood on a Challenger. Interesting idea by adding the header.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The AAR hood looks pretty good on the Challenger.

Lucky Dog has more options now.

LuckyDog

Reaction score
I bought a Goodmark hood. should be here early next week. I'll let everyone know my thoughts after I get back from SEMA.

aussiemark

Reaction score
When it arrives open the box and check it for damage before you sign for the delivery, you see videos of workers throwing packages around in depots and out of trucks all the time. Even if the box looks good still check inside.

Back