• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Graveyard Carz’s 71 Hemi “Catalog” Cuda Cost

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I watched the new episode of Graveyard Carz last night. I love the show and am a big fan. Quick question, does anyone know what the client paid for the “Catalog Cuda;” the 71 Hemi Cuda built from scratch. I don’t recall Worman mentioning the exact cost/price but he said “expensive!”

What do you think “expensive” is? $200k? $250k? I just thought someone on this forum may have inside knowledge of this build/deal...

Appreciate your thoughts!

Last edited:

Liberty MW

Reaction score
I am only 70 miles from GYC and know a few of their customers. An average car restoration from them is 200k so I would add another 50% to that and I think you would be in the ballpark.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Who would have thought back in the 80's these used up ole gas guzzling daily drivers would be worth so much to everyone these days. Glad I bought what I have back then.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
I have kicked around the idea of sending my Challenger to them for a restoration because many years ago a friend called them and asked if they would restore his '73 Challenger. He told me they said it would be $70K. Of course I knew the price would be higher today but at $200K is out of my price range. Looks like I will have a lot to keep me busy when I retire!

I do enjoy the show. I think at times Mark is very funny and I really like learning about these cars.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Did the show say what kind of vin number the cuda had? Rebody or state issue..

pschlosser

Reaction score
Who would have thought back in the 80's these used up ole gas guzzling daily drivers would be worth so much to everyone these days. Glad I bought what I have back then.
And I worry they can become worth less very fast, or too expensive to drive, as the globe warms up, and people flip out over petrol fueled cars. I mean, would a really nasty gas crisis kill these cars off, to where only the elite can own and drive them?

Moparply

Reaction score
I am only 70 miles from GYC and know a few of their customers. An average car restoration from them is 200k so I would add another 50% to that and I think you would be in the ballpark.
Are you sure on that number? $200K - 300K for an average car restoration, the cost to restore the car not including the cost of the car.

I had heard a completely different number @ 75k for the restoration cost. That was about 5 - 7 years ago.

That is just a very vague number. What is included in the restoration? There are a lot of variables.

Back