• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gull Wing bowed (grrr...)

70Hardtop

Reaction score
Hello, have not posted for a while but as I have started back on my 71 Challenger after a long break I would like to know if anyone knows if the factory gull wing was prone to sagging in the middle?

I bought one about 7 years ago and it was supposed to be the factory correct replacement quality (so they said), the Mopar certified quality. It has been installed on the deck lid about 5 years but has been stored upright (away from the sun and heat) and the trunk lid has never been put onto the body. So can't blame gravity for it.

But it has a slight but noticeable bow in the middle. Has anyone had this happen to theirs?

Thanks!

Avalanche

Reaction score
I have a go wing on my 70 challenger. Installed it back in 2012. Still straight with no bow or sag. Made of ABS plastic.

70Hardtop

Reaction score
I have a go wing on my 70 challenger. Installed it back in 2012. Still straight with no bow or sag. Made of ABS plastic.
Thanks for reply. Yes mine is also ABS. I have a Go Wing on my 73 Chal and they are thicker in profile compared to the Gull Wing. I will wait to see if anyone with a Gull Wing has had this problem

Back