• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Has anyone had this problem with IE 11

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I received an automatic update and have had nothing but fits since. I have used Microsoft's website and done an internet search on the problem. I have tried several things and nothing works. Maybe someone else has had to deal with this here. When I type, letters are left out randomly, causing 4 words out of a 7 word sentence to be messed up. I tried Firefox and Chrome and have the same problem. If I am in Word things are fine. It is only when I am using IE 11 and window 8.1. If you have had this problem and solved it, please let me know how to solve this. Thanks.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Every time I have a computer glitch I always Google the problem and inevitably end up on a forum where you can see everybody bitching about it and sharing what they did to deal with it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt. That was my first stop. I have done everything the forums said an still have the problem. When I contacted HP, my computer manufacturer, they knew of the problem and admitted they didn't have a fix. Microsoft's answer was to put me on a list to update to windows 10. People manage to find a work around on these things. That is what I am looking for. You never know where you will meet someone who has had to deal with a specific issue. That is why I posted here along with posting in other non-car related places.

Last edited:

Daves69

Reaction score
I take it you've also tried another keyboard?

Are you seeing the typing issues on this forum? I do have this issue in another forum but a work-a-round for it is on the text editor tool bar. No issues here or the rest of the ___-bodiesonly sites.

I had issues with Chrome and IE11 working together on Win7. Chrome worked OK but using IE became a nightmare. I ended up deleting Chrome from my system.

If you haven't you might try posting the question on http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=49

several knowledgeable computer guys there.

Last edited:

AUSTA

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the repeat delay also try changing the keyboard setup to another english speaking country to see if the problem still exists

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I did the repeat delay. I unchecked everything in that section. My feeling is that there are two things fighting each other in the system. I am finding a lot more posts about this problem on other forums and still no one has an answer. Maybe Microsoft has a glitch that is going to be showing up and that is why they are bring out the windows 10. I have not tried another English country. I'll try that. Thanks.

Back