• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Header studs?

JKCuda

Reaction score
Ok, am I blind or does no one make a polished header stud kit for the small block? I’m getting ready to install my TTI headers finally and they only came with bolts, no studs for the water jacket holes. I searched hi and low but can’t find anything stainless or polished. Do I just need to buy an repro set from Roseville or somewhere and deal with the black hardware?

JKCuda

Reaction score
Man, ok. That really surprises me. I’m firing a new motor with old rusty headers and don’t wanna have to drain the coolant when I swap the TTI’s in so I guess I’ll order a set of stockers to get the studs. Thanks guys.

don selleck

Reaction score
they have cool round heads on them too, i used all studs on a set of exhaust manifolds on a 340 with edelbrock heads

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Don’t really matter to me. I ended up finding a set of ARP at Summit that were marked as RB but it looks like they will fit my J heads. They were EXPENSIVE so we’ll see.
I did the same thing, they are expensive. I bought them individually at Allen’s Fasteners, they’re a little cheaper.

don selleck

Reaction score
I used the hex ones, and what isn't expensive on these cars, i actually thought they were pretty reasonable. they are about $4 each with the flared nut and washer. I got the black oxide ones at summit racing. part # 200-2401

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I used the hex ones, and what isn't expensive on these cars, i actually thought they were pretty reasonable. they are about $4 each with the flared nut and washer. I got the black oxide ones at summit racing. part # 200-2401
You bought carburetor studs to use as header studs You’ll need three packs of those. I got 12 polished stainless steel header studs cheaper than those.

IMG_6087.jpeg

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
What type of heads are you running that uses 5/16 in.-18/24 stud?

Both my stock heads and my Trick Flow’s use 3/8 in.-16 studs.

Back