• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hellcat wheels fit on a cuda?

panheadchuck

Reaction score
I have been doing some searching , trying to findout if hellcat wheels will fit on a 71 cuda with a gerst 4 link and gerst front tubular suspension

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The bolt pattern is the same as the Ebody Cuda. It is almost a 6 inch negative backspace. Even with a rear end from a C body, it will be a job to fit. If you go for it, post your progress.

moparroy

Reaction score
They are not the same - very close but not the same. 70's e-bodies are 114.3 mm or 4.5" bolt pattern. Late model Challengers are 115 mm bolt pattern. They will fit over the lugs but the acorns will not seat properly. I found this out seating bearings on the rear axles for my '74 Cuda project car - I used an old rear brake disc from my 2010 Charger to hold he '74 axle - the '74 lugs will go through the 2010 disc but they do not center properly. (2010 Charger same bolt as my 2010 Challenger SRT I have interchanged wheels on them)

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I wonder how they mounted these 20x9 Srt8 rims on this e body?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 230

moparroy

Reaction score
So also interesting to note that the center bore on the late model Challenger SRT wheels is very very close to the 70's e-body. Late model is 71.5 mm and the '74 for example is 71.6 mm - that's 0.004" difference only. So if you put these wheels on - being aluminum - the center bore might fit tight enough to properly center the wheel. And like I said above - although not the same - I suspect the lugs on a '74 will go through the late model wheel (I only did it with a brake disc). I would think you could likely tighten the lug nuts too - but they would not seat properly. Although the lugs would not center the wheel themselves - the center bore might so it might even drive fine for a while. I would think lugs would be at high risk of coming loose being not fully seated - certainly could be done for a photo op - but I would not drive it! (short of proper adapters maybe) My opinion - they really should have stuck with 114.3 or 4.5" pattern - or chosen something very different like my wife's 2013 T&C at 127 mm - which is also exactly 5". Having them so close ... invites trouble to me.

Last edited:

TNTCASH

Reaction score
I have been doing some searching , trying to findout if hellcat wheels will fit on a 71 cuda with a gerst 4 link and gerst front tubular suspension
I’m curious, I’ve got a ‘71 CUDA as well and would love to stuff a set of Hellcat Wide Body, concave wheels on and would be a better fit!

I don’t care for the look of the 20” at all

Could always go with custom hubs for the 115 pattern

Buckminster

Reaction score
So also interesting to note that the center bore on the late model Challenger SRT wheels is very very close to the 70's e-body. Late model is 71.5 mm and the '74 for example is 71.6 mm - that's 0.004" difference only. So if you put these wheels on - being aluminum - the center bore might fit tight enough to properly center the wheel. And like I said above - although not the same - I suspect the lugs on a '74 will go through the late model wheel (I only did it with a brake disc). I would think you could likely tighten the lug nuts too - but they would not seat properly. Although the lugs would not center the wheel themselves - the center bore might so it might even drive fine for a while. I would think lugs would be at high risk of coming loose being not fully seated - certainly could be done for a photo op - but I would not drive it! (short of proper adapters maybe) My opinion - they really should have stuck with 114.3 or 4.5" pattern - or chosen something very different like my wife's 2013 T&C at 127 mm - which is also exactly 5". Having them so close ... invites trouble to me.
Interesting. I also tried my 20" 2013 300s wheels on my 73 Challenger. These should be the same as the late model challengers (2008 & up)
*The snout on the '73 brake disc stuck out so far and was too large to fit into the 2013 wheels. This is in addition to the bolt circle being different. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this. thanks for confirming that i'm not crazy.

Cuda416

Reaction score
You could just get a custom axle set and be done. Not sure what they cost but you wouldn't have to worry about a hunk of aluminum being between you and the ground.

moparroy

Reaction score
You could just get a custom axle set and be done. Not sure what they cost but you wouldn't have to worry about a hunk of aluminum being between you and the ground.
Lol the hell cat wheels are aluminum are they not? My 2010 SRT wheels are aluminum- forged I think

Cuda416

Reaction score
Lol the hell cat wheels are aluminum are they not? My 2010 SRT wheels are aluminum- forged I think

Yes, but with a wheel, you have to pull the stud through a forged axle, not just a piece of aluminum. Huge difference.

EDIT: I forgot to LOL....

Last edited:

Vert

Reaction score
I just placed them in front to see how it might look. Honestly I like the look, but these are huge compared to my 255/60x15s on 6.5 rims. I'd like a photoshop skilled person to shrink them and place them on a better photo.

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

Buckminster

Reaction score
I
I just placed them in front to see how it might look. Honestly I like the look, but these are huge compared to my 255/60x15s on 6.5 rims. I'd like a photoshop skilled person to shrink them and place them on a better photo.

View attachment 85068

View attachment 85069

View attachment 85070

View attachment 85071
Your car is stunning. Thanks for posting the photos. I love these wheels, but agree with you that they are huge. I've been looking for something similar in a 17" or 18" version. if you find something like these, please post. I am highly motivated to find something like this that is size appropriate.

Back