• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hellcat wheels fit on a cuda?

panheadchuck

Reaction score
I have been doing some searching , trying to findout if hellcat wheels will fit on a 71 cuda with a gerst 4 link and gerst front tubular suspension

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The bolt pattern is the same as the Ebody Cuda. It is almost a 6 inch negative backspace. Even with a rear end from a C body, it will be a job to fit. If you go for it, post your progress.

moparroy

Reaction score
They are not the same - very close but not the same. 70's e-bodies are 114.3 mm or 4.5" bolt pattern. Late model Challengers are 115 mm bolt pattern. They will fit over the lugs but the acorns will not seat properly. I found this out seating bearings on the rear axles for my '74 Cuda project car - I used an old rear brake disc from my 2010 Charger to hold he '74 axle - the '74 lugs will go through the 2010 disc but they do not center properly. (2010 Charger same bolt as my 2010 Challenger SRT I have interchanged wheels on them)

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I wonder how they mounted these 20x9 Srt8 rims on this e body?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 28

moparroy

Reaction score
So also interesting to note that the center bore on the late model Challenger SRT wheels is very very close to the 70's e-body. Late model is 71.5 mm and the '74 for example is 71.6 mm - that's 0.004" difference only. So if you put these wheels on - being aluminum - the center bore might fit tight enough to properly center the wheel. And like I said above - although not the same - I suspect the lugs on a '74 will go through the late model wheel (I only did it with a brake disc). I would think you could likely tighten the lug nuts too - but they would not seat properly. Although the lugs would not center the wheel themselves - the center bore might so it might even drive fine for a while. I would think lugs would be at high risk of coming loose being not fully seated - certainly could be done for a photo op - but I would not drive it! (short of proper adapters maybe) My opinion - they really should have stuck with 114.3 or 4.5" pattern - or chosen something very different like my wife's 2013 T&C at 127 mm - which is also exactly 5". Having them so close ... invites trouble to me.

Last edited:

TNTCASH

Reaction score
I have been doing some searching , trying to findout if hellcat wheels will fit on a 71 cuda with a gerst 4 link and gerst front tubular suspension
I’m curious, I’ve got a ‘71 CUDA as well and would love to stuff a set of Hellcat Wide Body, concave wheels on and would be a better fit!

I don’t care for the look of the 20” at all

Could always go with custom hubs for the 115 pattern