• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello everyone, here's my #s matching '70 Barracuda 383 2BBL/727

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
Been snooping around for quite a while, thought I'd join in finally!

5.jpg
E01743A8-6FF5-45EA-80CF-ACA0BE2A4F42 (1).jpeg
4C05521D-3E88-4079-8FC9-72B70EEC931C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Sweet looking ride! Love the stance.
I see it has a black grill. Any chance of checking out the fender tag?
Is it originally an L code car? BHLoB?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Winston! Great looking 70! Nice to see another Nebraskan on FEBO! What part of the state are you from? :)

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Glad you’re here. Can’t miss that black grille!

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
These comments about the black grille have me wondering...
It's supposed to be argent silver, right? The only ones with a black one were AARs, correct or no?

fasjac

Reaction score
I think yours came with argent. Not sure but, they look good black. 383 2bbl right?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
These comments about the black grille have me wondering...
It's supposed to be argent silver, right? The only ones with a black one were AARs, correct or no?

Kind of correct. AAR's came with the black grills for sure. Well, most did when the black grills were actually available at the factory.
However, the M46 that had a black out on the entire bottom of the car and on the tail panel would have also came with the black grill.
Now, I can't find any actual written information about the black grill on the m46, but I've seen a few that have had them. And it makes sense.
Search M46 on this site if you are wondering what that is. Lots of different features on that option. I'm always looking for them.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
@Cuda Hunter yup it's an L code car. L0E. Here's the tag: View attachment 75582

Pretty cool options and color combo on it.

@Rapidfire From Arlington.. about 30 minutes northwest of Omaha. How about you?

Those are some cool options for sure. The red and white interior is a very difficult interior to find on a car. Not a very common color combo but definitely one of my top favorite color combos. And to add to all that it came with the V5W! White protective moldings with white pin stripes around the moulding.
That is one slick looking car for sure. I think the only thing I would change would be a white vinyl top instead of a black.
So you still have the original motor and transmission? Makes that car even better!
Super cool car !!

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
@Cuda Hunter kinda weird it has a black vinyl top, right? What were they thinking??

I even still have the mouldings... Those are probably pretty hard to find I'm guessing haha

Yup, completely original. Runs and drives perfect, too. In fact, I drove it from Nebraska to Maryland and back without any problems besides really small normal stuff.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow! 1400 miles is a long trip, much less to do it twice. That's one awesome car just because of that.

The V5 moldings are very difficult to find. I only have some challenger ones although I am looking for a cuda set.
Keep them if you plan on putting them back on as you won't find another set very easily. If you decide to sell them, I'm your man.
No one remakes the rubber insert so keep those parts as well. Even if they are falling out, keep them.

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
@Cuda Hunter I'm about 90% certain I still have them and they're in fairly okay shape. What are they worth? Unfortunately I'm a state away from them right now or else I'd take some pictures of them.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'd love to see pictures of them. I've only got a picture of these white moldings on a finished car.
Did the car have a build sheet that you have been able to find? Being an LA car I would assume not, but every once in a while a build sheet would sneak it's way out of that E factory.

Back