• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello Folks!!

Coosawjack

Reaction score
I am soon to be the 3rd owner of this 1970 Challenger 440 SIX PACK "Clone" and pretty excited about it!!:)

Plans are to go get it on Tuesday....hope it all works out.....stay tuned!!:D

1970 Challenger RT.PNG

Driver Side.PNG

Engine Bay.PNG

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Beautiful Mopar, looks like keystone classic wheels. Really cool - best of luck.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Beautiful Challenger, I hope it works out for you.

Coosawjack

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!!

Well....it looks like I'll be going to hopefully get it on Wednesday......tomorrow the high will be 17*......yikes!!

If everything works out I should have it here Wednesday evening!!

Coosawjack

Reaction score
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!:(
The car was not quite what I expected in daylight......right fender looked hail damaged.....had a ding in the right door!! On top of that the engine ran like CRAP......sputtering and even missing on a couple cylinders.......but the KILLER was every time he depressed the clutch it sounded like someone under the hood with a bat banging on the frame.......all in all.....a......HORRIBLE experience!!:confused:
A 585 mile 11 hour round trip pulling the car hauler and I'm ready for a drink and a good night's sleep.......will continue my search soon!!:cool:
UGH!!!o_O

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Huge bummer, sorry to hear that! Did the seller lie or just not tell the whole truth?

Coosawjack

Reaction score
He's 75 and practically an invalid.......car sat for 5 years according to him......that's really all I know but $45K is ridiculous!!

Coosawjack

Reaction score
He emailed me today and apologized for "Going Off" on me and said he has found out the engine has a BLOWN HEAD GASKET...no wonder it ran like crap!!:(
He also said he has a friend that will fix it if/when he gets the $$$'s to do it......engine may be ruined since nobody knows how long it's had a blown head gasket??:eek:
Ya cannot just let cars sit for years and expect them to be OK!!:confused:

74 challenger

Reaction score
welcome to the site, I drove to tennessee for a 70 challenger 8 hr trip to come home empty. I know the feeling. You will find your car all in do time.

Back