• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Mass

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Time to do some welding over the next few weekends. Have not done it since HS. Watched a LOT of videos and have some pieces to practice with.....

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
AMD is the source for sheet metal panels
Dave at Roseville moparts is a great source for anything you need
I would do anything possible to save the original bumpers , none of the repros seem to be the correct shape

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
I was going to paint the originals in the lime green..thanks for the sheet metal tip. I had it out with some jerk on ebay on his discounted sheet metal then whacking $40 for shipping....

fasjac

Reaction score
Just a shoutout to AMD. I used a fender and quarter in 2010, their stuff fit well.
Roseville sounds good too from the site.

Cud@

Reaction score
Hi Todd,
Looks like you have a great project ahead of you, from experience I know you have to spray a light coat of primer on the POR 15 while it is tacky or nothing will stick to it well. POR 15 has a primer they claim works on cured POR 15 but I've tried it and was not too impressed with adhesion.

I have a 71 Cuda I purchased 25 years ago, I had it media blasted and they said it looked really good.

Because I didn't want any rust returning I replaced both rear frame rails, both quarter panels, the tail panel, inner and outer wheelhouses, and the filler panel between the back window and trunk lid. I bought new front fenders from AMD, and a shaker hood also from AMD.

I built a rotisserie so I could flip the body over in my garage to work on it, also the people who did the media blasting had the car on the rotisserie so they could flip the body on it's side and upside down when blasting it.

Good luck with your project!

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
I was advised by a local MOPAR dude to avoid medial blasting. He said it would ruin the metal. I did not 100% believe him as I have seen many of you use this method. I have about 6 hours left of under car rust/paint/undercoat removal. They I will move to the welding patches. I started practicing today with a MIG without gas. I sucked. Need gas. Then I should be good. I have about 12 patches between floors and non-structural areas like the Cowl and fire wall. I have some rough outer rocker panels on both sides in the front of the doors. The sheet metal on the outside I will leave to the pros I pick to paint the car. Good thing winter is long in New England! Thanks for the note @Cud@

Cud@

Reaction score
Wow, I keep hitting the wrong thing on this laptop! Sorry
I should have said I did not have any large sheet metal parts media blasted, the quarter panels were replaced with AMD metal as were the front fenders, and hood. The roof was sanded, as were the doors, and trunk lid. No warping on the small metal areas with structure.
Good luck on your project!

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
Not bad for my first couple.....I am welding where no one will see first...lol.....grinding covers a lot of blobby sins!

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

Back