• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from NorCal, can I come back now ;-)

rikkitik

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a mopar guy - period, a fact I'm ready to face...lol.
I've spent the last 31 years in corvettes though, sorry. A '70 454 4spd, black, flared fenders, solid lifter cam (a good 'ol Utradyne!) (owned for 26yrs), and an '02 Z06 (SChrgd'ed 10yrs). Had both for a few years. Then the '70 ended up going to Finland! Still have the Z06.
My blood is mopar though.
First was a '69 Charger, 383 4spd car. Stock when I bought it. Rebuilt and warmed over the motor, went 13.55 @ 105 at good old Baylands dragstrip.
Then a '70 Charger R/T 4spd/Dana...didn't like it quite as much.
Then a '71'Cuda, Sassy Grass. The only option on the car was a 340. 3spd manual trans, drum brakes, even just the squish pump bladder for windshield washer pump.
I found a 4spd R/T Challenger "skeleton", swapped the 18 spline, Dana, and rallye dash from it into the 'Cuda. I kept that car for 10 years.
Sorry for the long intro, but I figured with my checkered past, (corvette), I might need some cred to be allowed back into the "Brotherhood".... ;-)

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! How about some pics? We won't hold the corvette thing against you, it sounds like somewhere in there you have some good senses...

rikkitik

Reaction score
Thanks!
Only an old polaroid of my '69 :(
I've never been able to find any pics of my 'Cuda. I know I snapped a couple at a "NorCal Mopar convention" back in the '80's, but I can't find them anyplace.
Plastic cars on the other hand, those I have pictures of......sorry to say.

IMG.jpg

C3.JPG

C5.JPG

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard , are you searching for an E-body or Mopar? I've been into Mopars for 40 years but have had my share of "plastic" cars over the years too. Enjoy the site

rikkitik

Reaction score
Hi, thanks
Yes, I'm just starting my search for an "e".
My preferred car would be a '71 Challenger, followed closely by '70-'71 Cuda. I'm hoping to find a "not too original", manual trans car, with nice paint and body.
There was a '71 "Green Go" car, about 25 miles from me, CL and ePray listed. The guy was so soured on "local" CL "what's your bottom dollars" clowns, that he wouldn't show me the car. I never even asked about price, just wanted to see the car......
He started the ad on ebay at $35,000, he dropped all the way to $25,500, don't know if he ever sold it, kinda bizarre.
Anyway, when I told my wife what I was planning, her response was "I knew you would, I've always been certain you would get another one".
A while back we were watching some show punched it in a 440/6 Challenger. When the car lifted, rather than squatted, she said "hey, that car did what it's supposed to do, that's cool!"....she knows ;-)

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Welcome, good luck on your e body search. maybe this site will help you find it!

Back