• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello From Virginia

Bahboo

Reaction score
Greetings folks. I'm a retired military vet (Air Force) and a dedicated Mopar man since my Dad (also career Air Force) bought my first car for me at 16, which was a 72 Plymouth Valiant/Scamp (318, auto) for $600. During college, I discovered what a "GTX" was, as I had only heard of RoadRunner and a few others. Bought a B-5 blue, 70 GTX (440, auto, low optioned) from the original owner for $1500. Owner had much fun racing it early on, and of course, blew up the motor (balanced/blueprinted but 7700rpms was a bit too much) and replaced the drivetrain from a 69 RR, 383 with 915 heads. Went into the military, befriended a Mopar man in TX and did a deal to get a freshly rebuilt 440 and an air grabber hood for the GTX. Few years later, bought a 70 Challenger RT, with 109K miles for $2000. 383, auto, B-7, highly optioned, and all matching numbers, with original window sticker and bill of sale...no build sheet--California build. Restored my GTX going through Laramie County Community College autobody school. Soon after, my GTX literally towed, via custom-made hitch and of course, a trans cooler, the Challenger to a couple of my military assignments, and yes, I was dumb in my younger years, doing this with four-wheel manual drum brakes and lousy trailer brakes. Later on, bought a V-10 Ram pickup to make towing safer. Finally retired from active duty and had my dream garage built, with a 10,000lb car lift. Been slowly working on restoring the Challenger through the years, doing metal and bodywork, but it's difficult finding time when raising kids. Finally sold the V-10 Ram and bought a new, 2021 Ram, as well as a Hellcat! Who can resist a supercharged, retro challenger! Below are some pics. Thanks.

70Chall RT 2008 005.jpg

1970 Chall RT_Original Window Sticker.jpg

1970 Chall RT_Sumter South Carolina_Aug1993.jpg

70ChallRT_Fender Tag.JPG

70GTX.jpg

Hellcat.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. Nicely optioned 70 challenger. also nice collection. Retired Right! Now you have more work to do. I'm rowing the same boat.Good luck! Thanks for being a brother in arm.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:

Cuda U Code

Reaction score
Welcome from TN. No better way to spend retirement than to dive deep into the car hobby. I have noticed this trend with many new members, including me. Had my garage built 18 months ago with lift installed and quickly ran out of room for any new projects. Time to build another garage!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the desert. Is there any better way to spend retirement than wrenching on Mopars? I don't think so.

Bahboo

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. Nicely optioned 70 challenger. also nice collection. Retired Right! Now you have more work to do. I'm rowing the same boat.Good luck! Thanks for being a brother in arm.View attachment 108257
Thank you! Still working but hope to "retire-retire" in a few months. A buddy of mine, who's passion is Porsche, told me nearly two years ago, "You can make more money, but you can't make more time." It heavily resonated with me.

Bahboo

Reaction score
Welcome from TN. No better way to spend retirement than to dive deep into the car hobby. I have noticed this trend with many new members, including me. Had my garage built 18 months ago with lift installed and quickly ran out of room for any new projects. Time to build another garage!
Thank you Cuda U Code! Was thinking of retiring in TN. Good friend of mine lives in Pulaski...retired and bought 160acres, built new home...loving it. I had a Mopar Guy (68 fastback cuda 340) build my garage. It's 30'x40' with 12ft cathedral trusses to keep roof pitch low, but allow the car lift (barely!). I'm a fan of going above the safety mins, so I had a 5inch, 4000psi concrete slab laid down. You're absolutely right...running out of room! But it's my happy place! :)

Bahboo

Reaction score
Thank you moparleo! Love the SR-71 avatar. That and the XB-70 are my all time favorites. These two aircraft are the most beautiful ever. But THE "musclecar aircraft" of all time is the mighty F-4! It is mean looking, especially in "E" configuration with that 6000rnds/min Vulcan cannon. :)

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
👍🏻 nice! Thank you for your service

Bahboo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you with us and thank you for your service! Nice Challenger! 🙂
Thank you very much Rapidfire! Got a long way to go on the Challenger...all torn apart...metalwork and the "fun" in removing undercoating.

Back