• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with build date

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I don't have a build sheet or a fender tag. Can anyone give me an estimated build date for my 70 Cuda? It's a Hamtramck built car. The 6 digit sequence # is 155402

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
No door Tag!That would narrow it down to month-year. With your info.If you contact . ECS or someone that has done door tags or other. They may have a list with a number close to it or a range of numbers it falls in. I would give them some time.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
I do not think you will find anyone with any kind of list, you might find someone with a sequence number that is close that will have an idea but thats about as close as you are going to get. I spent a lot of time looking at a lot of 70 Challengers (also built in LA) and their VINs and EBD to narrow mine down. They were "estimated" so they are not exact and unless someone has the information on the cars produced on either side of yours there is no way to tell (as far as I know).

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If you have the original crossmember under the engine there is a date stamped in the center just about right underneath the crank pulley facing forward. That will be the date that the engine was attached to the crossmember.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
If you have the original crossmember under the engine there is a date stamped in the center just about right underneath the crank pulley facing forward. That will be the date that the engine was attached to the crossmember.
My car does not have the original engine, I do not have a fender tag or any documents to indicate a date for me. That's why I'm hoping someone with a sequence number near mine might know when theirs was built.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
My car does not have the original engine, I do not have a fender tag or any documents to indicate a date for me. That's why I'm hoping someone with a sequence number near mine might know when theirs was built.
You don't have a tag on the drivers door?

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
You don't have a tag on the drivers door?
It has a tag, but it's a tire info tag. I don't have a picture of it. I'll post it when I get home. This car has been restored, it is not numbers matching- but they did a great job on the restoration. The only problem is that I have no paperwork.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The date stamp is on the k member.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
It has a tag, but it's a tire info tag. I don't have a picture of it. I'll post it when I get home. This car has been restored, it is not numbers matching- but they did a great job on the restoration. The only problem is that I have no paperwork
The only number I could ever find is a 1. car has a 11-70 build date.

Attachments

• challenger  K frame number.jpg
    challenger K frame number.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 115

340challconvert

Reaction score

DetMatt1 made a good suggestion regarding the date on the k frame, typically installed late in the process. It would be a good late estimate as to your build date.​

I made a point of checking and recording dates on various parts on my car to create a production sequence and date range. I recorded dates from my radiator, rear windows, brake calipers, brake bar balancer (rear brakes). the stenciled date on my 8 3/4 carrier, and even my radio speaker; just to name a few I recorded. This gave me a build range from August 1969 to late October 1969 for my A06 build date. The k frame date is one of the best indicators since it is a late install in the process; for my car October 20, 1969.
I even had a date sticker on my rugs from JP Stevens with a sticker date of October 11th. The latest dates included the K frame (10/20). radio speaker (10/20), and the rear carrier (10/22). Keep in mind my A06 build date. It is like being a Mopar archaeologist. 🚗

Back