• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help With Clutch & Pressure Plate

Cudaized

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I need a little help with clutch and pressure plate selection for my 70 Cuda, 440+6. I'm looking for something as close to original as possible. My Cuda is factory stock and other than an occasional burnout or very rare street battle, I don't race the car anymore. I replaced it last year with something I bought off eBay and ended up with clutch pedal sticking problems, couldn't get it adjusted right and ended up trashing the throwout bearing. I have the original 10 1/2" flywheel and need the make and part number for the closest thing to original. Preferably from someone that is running the setup in a similarly equipped E-body. By the way my nephew (prof.photographer) took this picture of the car for me. The location is a covered bridge in PA built in 1892. Thanks for any help.
:eusa_think:

cuda lil Rob 3 .jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
McLeod is what I use , you should have a 130 tooth flywheel so it should have the 10.95 clutch system , no reason to use the smaller 10.5 " , it uses a scalloped pressure plate & an 11" disc , I use the Borg & Beck Long design , best design IMO less pedal pressure & fast action , will not hang up engaging at high RPM , you can use a Kevlar disc , talk to McLeod about your needs & they can build for you .

Cudaized

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Do you know if Mother Mopar still makes a 10.95" 18 spline clutch kit or is that history?

moparlee

Reaction score
I beliveve the original clutches were by Borg-Warner. They had lots of pedal pressure and were of the the 3-finger design. That's what I put in my Challenger several years ago. I bought it at NAPA.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The original clutches wre the Borg & Beck design , 3 finger , the B&B Long is a superior design .

74 challenger

Reaction score
Also Rochester Brake and Clutch at 1-585-232-3717 builds them anyway you would like.They were in hot rod magazine and are well known,the owner is a mopar man-68 hemi rt charger- and a believer.

Back