• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with my dad's 72 Cuda

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Don't sell it and build it in your father's memory. Believe it or not. You can do it. There is enough of us on here to be able to help you along the way.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Try finding a race car shop near you in Colorado that does Mopar cars. And there's a few folks on here from Colorado. Hopefully they chime in and can help with advice. If you don't mind me asking, who's the guy holding the Indy intake?

Just from what pictures you've shown, your dad was building a really nice light weight Cuda race car. The two speed powerglide is used for light cars with lots of power! I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Indy heads are Max Wedge ports! Receipt should tell you.

If you really want to finish the Cuda in honor of your dad, it's only money and time. "DADDY'S 72 CUDA" would be a great name for the race car! And like 6PKRTSE mentioned, you got a whole site of folks here to help with advice and knowledge.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
@Daddys72Cuda What part of Colorado are you in?
Finding a builder in rural Colorado will be tough but there are people in Denver.
Would you happen to have seen the vin of the car?
Even if the car is cut to be a race car the vin could add some value to it.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Good point Cuda Hunter. But only the 340 might be more valuable? only had a choice of 225 slant six, 318 (most production numbers) and 340 in 72. Would be great if your Colorado guys could assist. Myself, I don't have a lot of barracuda parts, but could contribute with window sill moulding and such. And some performance ideas.

Daddys72Cuda

Reaction score
Try finding a race car shop near you in Colorado that does Mopar cars. And there's a few folks on here from Colorado. Hopefully they chime in and can help with advice. If you don't mind me asking, who's the guy holding the Indy intake?

Just from what pictures you've shown, your dad was building a really nice light weight Cuda race car. The two speed powerglide is used for light cars with lots of power! I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Indy heads are Max Wedge ports! Receipt should tell you.

If you really want to finish the Cuda in honor of your dad, it's only money and time. "DADDY'S 72 CUDA" would be a great name for the race car! And like 6PKRTSE mentioned, you got a whole site of folks here to help with advice and knowledge.
The guy holding the intake is my husband. He has experience doing body/paint work but not really building. But I'm sure he could figure it out.... I love the name idea! Yall are making me really consider doing this now!

Daddys72Cuda

Reaction score
@Daddys72Cuda What part of Colorado are you in?
Finding a builder in rural Colorado will be tough but there are people in Denver.
Would you happen to have seen the vin of the car?
Even if the car is cut to be a race car the vin could add some value to it.
I'm in southern Colorado Springs- work at the Schriever SFB. Denver isn't very far at all. I know he has the title but I haven't checked if the VIN is still on the car or not....... I assume he would have left it but I would need to check.

Back