• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holley vs Proform Carbs

money pit

Reaction score
I currently have a an Edelbrock Performer on my stock 360. I want to switch to a carb that I can replace the jets. Right now the engine runs pretty lean. Which is better, a Holley or Proform Carb, as far as adjustability? Mechanical vs vacuum secondaries? The car is a driver, no racing. Thanks

Steve340

Reaction score
If you get the right size carb say a 600 cfm and if it is calibrated for gasoline at the factory - it will probably air bleeds/PVCR size be right and you may go up/down on the main jets only a size or two.
Massive jumps in jet size if the CFM is about right indicates something is wrong.
Also consider a Quickfuel 600 Slayer - I have fitted a couple of those and they were good with far more features//adjustability than a street series Holley and cheaper.
Holley now owns Quickfuel anyway so that may have changed since I last purchased one.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Proform is better , far more responsive & tunable , I would go 700 cfm & mech secondary

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Agree. Proform. I have that on my strip car.
However, the quickfuel works great on another ride I have.
Holley is a good carb but both Pro and Quick have more adjustments and features.

Proform will take your engine numbers and custom tune a carb for you. Good company with great customer service. I have talked to them several times and they are very helpful.

money pit

Reaction score
If you get the right size carb say a 600 cfm and if it is calibrated for gasoline at the factory - it will probably air bleeds/PVCR size be right and you may go up/down on the main jets only a size or two.
Massive jumps in jet size if the CFM is about right indicates something is wrong.
Also consider a Quickfuel 600 Slayer - I have fitted a couple of those and they were good with far more features//adjustability than a street series Holley and cheaper.
Holley now owns Quickfuel anyway so that may have changed since I last purchased one.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

money pit

Reaction score
Proform is better , far more responsive & tunable , I would go 700 cfm & mech secondary
Is a 700 too big for a stock engine? I think I have a 600 or 650 Edelbrock on there now. I'll check it out. I was going to look into fuel injection but I read so many negative things about all of the systems. I joined a number of Facebook sites for fuel injection, nothing but complaints, I decided to stick with a carb. Thanks

money pit

Reaction score
Agree. Proform. I have that on my strip car.
However, the quickfuel works great on another ride I have.
Holley is a good carb but both Pro and Quick have more adjustments and features.

Proform will take your engine numbers and custom tune a carb for you. Good company with great customer service. I have talked to them several times and they are very helpful.
I'll check out quickfuel. Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Tuned properly & driving it properly 700 is fine , the factory used an 800 ThermoQuad on 340s

Back