• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I hope I didn’t get taken

oldkimmer

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I sent the wrong parts to a member. I misunderstood which parts he wanted. So I refunded his money ASAP. I asked him to send them to another member. I would pay shipping. No problem, I’ll send them right away. That didn’t happen. So I messaged him again. He says he will send the tomorrow. Didn’t happen. I have sent a few messages. No reply for 6 weeks now. He has been on the site a few times since. I hope he isn’t sick or anything or a family member. But no reply at all leaves me wondering. Kim

70chall440

Reaction score
While I have no idea, its easy to think the worst. I have little tolerance or patience for bad communication especially in a situation like this, but given the times we live it its hard to say, could be innocent or something else. Hang in there, keep trying to contact them.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hopefully nothing tragic happened or he’s not sick but if it turns out he scammed you he will have to be outed publicly.

Rat Rod AL

Reaction score
Hey Kim, I've been afraid of doing the same mistake as you describe here. With all the sales I do on FABO, I'm lucky enough to have not shipped the wrong parts to buyers. Just wondering if the transaction was paid using PayPal, there is anything they could do to help you get your money back?

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I was pretty sure I sent the right parts but there was 2 sets of chrome in the 1 picture. I guess I misunderstood as I had already sold the other pieces. I never checked with pay pal as he used pay pal to pay me but I refunded his pay pal payment so I’m pretty sure I’m sol. Kim

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
If you refunded through PayPal, he must show a return shipping tracking number to PayPal.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Yes, he has to show proof he shipped the items back. Hopefully he’s ok, but he was just on FEBO Thursday.
That is if the buyer filed a claim to get the money back. Since the seller sent the money back, being a good guy, before he received the goods, he left himself open to not getting the goods back. Seller needs to call PayPal and talk with them. If you need the number send a pm to me. I have a business account with them and they give us the ph. number.

gdrill

Reaction score
Then he better reply here and ‘splain the issue..........since he does seem to be frequenting forums still.

superbee6

Reaction score
Ok, no real good excuses here and not trying to start a war. I know Kim is on here a lot and a valued member. I wasn't trying to scam anyone out of $40 parts I can't use. But, it did take Kim a while to send me the wrong part. I asked, then he couldn't find them, blah blah, long story......all good. Then they show up and there's clearly a piece of masking tape on them that says side molding. I was asking for tail panel trim.

All that being said, Kim refunded my money immediately and in good faith. I had the parts wrapped up and just plain forgot about them, saw them today among other parts and realized I had forgotten, and I hand't been on any of the forums in a couple months, too much going on. I know you say it shows that I was on here thurs, but I wasn't, I usually have a tab open to all of the forums and I stay logged in but I didn't really look at the site. In any case, parts are packed and will go out tomorrow wherever Kim needs them to go.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce. Please send them to Jeff. I’ll p/p u the shipping. Lmk the $. Kim

rklein71

Reaction score
Forgetting to mail off a box has happened to me as well. I had some air tools boxed up in my garage and a couple weeks later, I noticed them and say "oh crap". Fortunately, the guy that had paid me for the tools was understanding and it all worked out in the end.

fasjac

Reaction score
I sent a member the wrong flywheel cover. I showed pic of the only 10.5 I had and he bought it. His project was a SB my part was for a BB. I actually realized it after it was gone. I let him know he was going to receive the wrong part. My mistake but, fast forward, I refunded his money plus the ride back. Got the part back and all is good.
I do believe we have a lot good members here. Just the short time that I’ve been involved on this site, the integrity level appears to be high.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce. Please send them to Jeff. I’ll p/p u the shipping. Lmk the $. Kim
Parts sent and arrived at the other members place. Bruce, I need to know how much to send u for the shipping to Jeff. Thanks. Kim

Back