• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Idenity? 6-bbl

mmissile

Reaction score
I have this 6-bbl setup in my inventory of unused stuff. It is all new and NOS. There are no markings on the intake, it's aluminum, and I believe the carbs are 71 date-coded. The vacuum port and throttle cable brkt are a puzzle to me. I've had a couple people tell me it was a prototype intake/ 6bbl setup. I don't know.

33c438y.jpg

55gy0n.jpg

2qbvpcy.jpg

2hxorcj.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The carbs look very nice but don't look NOS. They don't have the original factory ink stampings or decals from Holley. The intake may have been smoothed off and repainted. I used to do that in the 80's. I would even sandblast where I took markings off so the manifold would look uniform. You could contact Edelbrock about the intake.

mmissile

Reaction score
This stuff was supposed to have been liberated fro ma-mopar.....many years ago. The carbs have never had fuel in them, it's been sitting on a shelf for nearly 20 years. I have zero use for it, and was wondering if there was any value. I got a bunch of 6bbl road runner stuff with a 69 road runner I bought. I sold the rest years ago, and forgot this was in a box.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
They may not have had fuel but they were cleaned off for some reason. I'll get a pic of my NOS A-66 carbs and you will see what I mean. Is it worth anything? Of course it is. I'm sure you know that. How much? With todays market fluctuation it is what you are willing to take. I know the true NOS correct A-66 carbs are around $800 each. The bracket reminds me of a Ford 428 piece. It is not one, but it may be from another company that used the 3 carbs. I have owned a Ford Galaxy and Chevy Corvette with the three twos that are very close in design to my Mopar carbs.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
BTW. I have a customer that is into the A-66 cars. He has a few. Send a PM with what you have and what you need to get for it and I will see if he is interested.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Nothing. I was working on some paperwork for an A-66 and typed it when I meant A-12. Sorry.

Back