• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is this a sin?

fasjac

Reaction score
So, is the car up for sale somewhere then?
Curious about that M46 option.
Is this the M46 option? Nonfunctional scoops on rear rockers? I just googled it to see em. If it is, I’ve never seen these on a Cuda in real life. Interesting

EF937F52-62FE-4DB5-A6F0-108CE34D00AA.png

747C0970-A088-4DAC-8F4A-F92EB2448AF5.png

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Yes, but the yellow ones are Dutch's home made scoops.
the fc7 car is mopar Al's old ride. He sold it.
The red and white stripe and black out on the fc7 is factory correct.

fasjac

Reaction score
I thought there was a variance. I learned something today. Neat option no doubt!! Anyone reproducing that you know of?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I thought there was a variance. I learned something today. Neat option no doubt!! Anyone reproducing that you know of?

Check out the second link I posted above. That is the only variance I can find.
There are some being remanufactured. Or at least there was some being made.
Scott harms was making them. He copied a set I have when they were owned by YYZ. He has since updated the molds as I understand. But you have to order them and then wait until he makes a batch. Or something like that.
There is info on the remans in my posts above also.

fasjac

Reaction score
always glad to share information. thanks for reading it.
Enjoyed it, only 400 cars had em. I hate to say it but, I don’t even remember seeing them pictured in the small collection of books I have. Good stuff!

DrEamer

Reaction score
Sell the v-code and buy a cheaper 72-74 and convert to 70 look.

Blasphemy! Lol.

You may think it is blasphemy, but it is a viable option without taking a valuable car out of commission. I would not ever take a 72-74 BS or JS apart, but a H code is fine. It is what I am doing with my Challenger. It started as a 1973 JH 318 car, so nothing special. It is now a 1970 tribute restomod project that will be fun to drive, but will keep a lot of original flavor. I'm glad you decided not to part the one car out.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
If I was building a numbers matching V-code '70 Cuda? An L code Barracuda is a sacrifice i would live with. But taking what I need is not a scrap yard death sentence. It would still have matching 383 with frame, VIN, Tag, rear quarters that are not too bad. Roof, steering/suspension and rear end. A $4k to $5k starting point.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Well at least it will still have it's numbers. That's sure important. If it's not cut up then at least it will still be rebuildable.
have you considered a want ad for the parts your after? Might not be that difficult to find what you need.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Yes. As I mentioned. I could hunt individually. The parts car allows for to work at your own pace. And of course there is ALWAYS something else. Its why I posted this dilemma. There is valid points. On either side.

Lambeth Dave

Reaction score
Take what you need and sell thd remainder to someone that wants to restore the parts car...l have two 70 challengers...l will rob one for the other and sell the parts car when l am done..both are southern and nice..so someone will like the parts car..

azfrench

Reaction score
I may be missing something but to me it sounds like the donor car is in a condition to restore with matching numbers. Is your project car more special? I didn't see that anywhere.

Rick

Back