• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ITS BEEN AWHILE

cawley

Reaction score
Its been awhile since ive been on. My mom has cancer and between helping her and some small jobs ive been busy. I am now ready to get back into it full time. So if anyone needs any body and paint done let me know.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome back. The work you showed here is excellent. Be care full for what you wish for! Your more than likely going to be swamped!

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Interested! When could you fit me in?

IMG_3902.JPG

cawley

Reaction score
Interested! When could you fit me in?

View attachment 107350
I have a guy who is suppose to bring me just a paint job this week but we havent talked price yet so who knows. Then a guy with a 71 GTX but he hasnt called me yet. So all i can say is first come first serve . Hate to be that way. When and what are you looking to get done ?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
My point here is is this how much product is used on a $25,k job as someone here on the site noted. considering the body work is done. To use all the procuts one job. The job would not be right. maybe and I mean maybe for a few daily driver. I picked the highest priced I could find.The may not be compatible.. A gallon of lightweight body filler and a gallon of Duraglass. 2 K primer gallon $62, 3M’s highest-performing USC lightweight body filler $73, USC Duraglass $74 ,USC icing polyester finishing putty 2-$29. + The TCP cart.But just adding all the products together. I know there is excess product. Ever if you would screw up the paint there's two gallons. Its not that bad even if they doubled over the last few years. $10,000 paint job $100 an hour=100 hours, 20,000 paint job $200 an hour =100 hours. If that's the case I need to be doing it! I under stand overhead and working capital. Not saying what it cost to prep and paint.Just my thoughts and running the numbers.

1723.18 + TCP CART 1456.18 =3179.18​

tcp check out.png

Last edited:

cawley

Reaction score
My point here is is this how much product is used on a $25,k job as someone here on the site noted. considering the body work is done. To use all the procuts one job. The job would not be right. maybe and I mean maybe for a few daily driver. I picked the highest priced I could find.The may not be compatible.. A gallon of lightweight body filler and a gallon of Duraglass. 2 K primer gallon $62, 3M’s highest-performing USC lightweight body filler $73, USC Duraglass $74 ,USC icing polyester finishing putty 2-$29. + The TCP cart.But just adding all the products together. I know there is excess product. Ever if you would screw up the paint there's two gallons. Its not that bad even if they doubled over the last few years. $10,000 paint job $100 an hour=100 hours, 20,000 paint job $200 an hour =100 hours. If that's the case I need to be doing it! I under stand overhead and working capital. Not saying what it cost to prep and paint.Just my thoughts and running the numbers.

1723.18 + TCP CART 1456.18 =3179.18​

View attachment 107367
Thats cheap. My paint jobs start at $9,000 Th clear i use is $500 gal. The base is expensive that i use. Fr example i did a 70 T/A challenger in hemi orange. The base was $137 a pint. Thats a show finish.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. From a person that does all the time as I did in the late 70's -80's and now I'm more as a hobbyist. I had some jaw dropping moments as I'm sure everyone has in purchasing items for home,car or other. Thanks for you input it puts things in prospective. Starting at $9000 I would say that is a very fair price. All the jobs are the same but each one has it's uniqueness.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
I have a guy who is suppose to bring me just a paint job this week but we havent talked price yet so who knows. Then a guy with a 71 GTX but he hasnt called me yet. So all i can say is first come first serve . Hate to be that way. When and what are you looking to get done ?
I'm basically just looking for it to be painted, it shouldn't need much for it to be ready to be sprayed hemi orange. Sent you a message.

Back