• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

K frame swap…anything on bolt threads?

JKCuda

Reaction score
Hey all…kind of a stupid question that I’m arguing with myself over and want some opinions. My Cuda rebuild is rapidly coming to a close and I’m putting the engine in. I have it on a QA1 tubular k frame and just need to lift it and install the bolts. The factory bolts were extremely rusty, like the rest of the inside of the rails, and I’m trying to decide if I want to put anything on the bolts. Anti seize, blue loctite, leave them dry?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Even though the factory installed them dry, I say coat them with blue loctite. That will dry and provide some corrosion protection.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I myself have had those conversations too. I always come to an intelligent conclusion by listening to me myself and I.
OH wait you want to converse about something else! RIGHT!
I always use anti seize on all suspension and brake mounting bolts. even if the bolts are plated. Ball joints a must. Clean rust from bolt thread chase threads with tap or other. You name it I put it there. Except wheel studs. NEVER had a problem in decades that I have been doing it. Doing this allows to achieve the correct torque. That's the important part.

Last edited:

JKCuda

Reaction score
I myself have had those conversations too. I always come to an intelligent conclusion by listening to me myself and I.
OH wait you want to about something else! RIGHT!
I always use anti seize on all suspension and brake mounting bolts. even if the bolts are plated. Ball joints a must. Clean rust from bolt thread chase threads with tap or other. You name it I put it there. Except wheel studs. NEVER had a problem in decades that I have been doing it. Doing this allows to achieve the correct torque. That's the important part.
Ok. That’s the way I was leaning but nice to know I’m not alone in that thinking, haha. I already cleaned the threads up so I’ll throw a little anti seize on the bolts and get this motor bolted in!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If you take notice to the thread they are cut. that bites into the other thread keeps them locked in per se.
1693692992066.png

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
Sorry, I stick by my loctite suggestion. Anti-seize in when you want to take it apart again (spark plugs) and loctite is when you want it to stay together. Wouldn't you want you k-member bolts to stay in? Use blue loctite to remove down the road if needed or red loctite if you want it locked semi-permanently.

Back