• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

K Frame

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Im going to be putting everything new in the front end. So while the K Frame is out and the control arms I was thinking about getting them sandblasted and then power coated. Trying to keep it as stock looking as possible what color should it be black satin or semi gloss black ? Or should I just rattle can it ?

pschlosser

Reaction score
I believe the factory color is semi-gloss black.

There may be better media than sand to prep your suspension parts prior to paint. Sand works great, but other media, such as crushed walnut shells and baking soda do very well removing rust without adding the tiny pits sand blasting sometimes leaves behind.

Rattle can works for many and yes, it's not as durable as other painting methods, but works well painting one part at a time.

However, if you're taking the bulk of the suspension apart and you could have all the parts power coated in one go, I would look really hard at the option as it will produce a better longer-lasting result.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would weld in extra support in the steering box mount then powder coat it semi gloss black , I also did mine .
Triangulate inside the steering mount .

Last edited:
Back