• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Kick down linkage needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for some kickdown linkage for my 340 Holly barrel setup with a 904 trans any one have anything?

kl340.png

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That linkage is too complicated. What year was it for? What was the original setup ? Do you have the original linkage ?
I did a 340 swap on a 72 Challenger from a 318/904 Slaptick.
It used a single rod down to the trans. Because the 2 bbl carb sits in the middle of the intake and the 4bbl on the 340 has the primaries sitting forward. The carb/kick down linkage is too short. So is the manifold bracket to trans rod/transmission lever.
It was a simple matter of lengthening both rods the trans to manifold just needed about a 2" section added. The manifold bracket from a 4 bbl manifold.
If it is not for a "correct" restoration, the LOKAR kits work well and are very popular.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the original 2bb set up ... it's a t shifter 340 with 904 Holley carb currently in the car

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might end up going that route... I was reading that there's a one piece and three-piece knock down linkage options from the factory... I'm not sure which one I had on my car originally... I don't have the original one.. I have read that you can modify a two barrel set up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back