• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Las vegas kooda newbie

73 kooda

Reaction score
Hello from Las Vegas, NV. Been on the forum awhile, but didn't know I should introduce myself and the car..This site is awesome. Loads of great info. My car is a 73 BH Barracuda. Can't afford a 71, so what the hell, not a whole lot of differences in the models but lots of money. Either way this one is mine and I love it. I've had it about 6 months but a knee injury kept me from workin on it for a few months. It's got a 73 340 motor with a little cam (don't know the specs). Ive switched out the intake and carb since I've had it. I got a MSD distributor and wires. It's got 1.88 heads so they'll be replaced someday. my plans are to build the motor bullet proof, and then throw a turbo in it, to see what it'll do...I just switched out the gauges from non rallye to some autometer, and one of them new dashes that year one is selling...Not sure if I like the dash yet or not, but I like knowin what my motors doin...someday I might change it back...feel free to tell me your thoughts on the dash....I know some of the old mopar guys will say i ruined it, but it aint a hemi cuda so hell with it. I can tell you I didn't use the lower moulding that came with the dash, cause i didn't like the way it looked. Next up will be flat blacking the rallye wheels, then we'll see from there. I do all my own metal fab and welding since I been doin it about nine years..anyway i'm on here every day lookin at the threads...I think my favorite one is e-body babes....yeah!!! ....OK Apparently my pics won't load so i gotta finish loading later....frickin new guy!!!!!

photo.jpg

73 kooda

Reaction score
I got a few to upload. Tell me what you think about the dash. maybe if i pull it back out (ugh) and paint it the same color as the lower moulding ill like it more. these things just started selling from year one and classic industries...Not particular happy with it...may just pull it and go back to stock look w/ new gauges. I do like the new gauges knowing what the motors doing...Your not gonna hurt my feelings so have at it...thanks..

burntorange70

Reaction score
It looks good. It looks a little to plane jane to me though. Like some thing is missing and it is unfinished. Could use some thing to church it up a bit. After all you will be looking at it a lot when driving.

Thats just me nitpicking though. It does look nice and I like the layout. I would of put the tach dead center but thats just me.

Keep up the nice work.

73 kooda

Reaction score
You know i agree... I wanted the less is more thats why there are no visible stock headlight or wiper switches....and i wanted all black gauges...oh man the wife will kill me if i switch themm out....haha...thanks for the input...now i gotta figure out what im gonna do...and the plastic plugs gotta go for something else soon as i figure out what to put there cause i dont like the stock headlight switch..

Big Jim

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you do with the car-- somebody somewhere will piss and moan you "ruined" the car. For my 2 c, nothing was done to permanently alter the car beyond return, so if you like the dash, run it. There are as many ways to do a car as there are people to do them. I like the dash- if you like it run it and enjoy the car!

Back