• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LED dash light bulbs

downtime!

Reaction score
Although I was cussing whoever designed our dash lights when I first got the car, after changing out/trying literally every LED bulb that even had a remote chance of fitting, I take back everything bad that I said. Really easy to change these out and try new versions.

Keep in mind that I have not taken the bar down, cleaned or polished the lens or reflectors in any way. I have come across an "1816" style base bulb with 3 LED's on it, that fits the bar quite well. They seem to be more than bright enough to do the job, and they were pretty cheap too ($12.69 with free shipping, for 10 bulbs).

After all the trial end error, there were two different bulbs that fit both the base and the bar. The bulb on the left is a super bright "blue" single LED (also available in green and red, from the same seller). It did a decent job, but the blue tint was just a little too dark for my liking. The bulb on the right is the one that works the best. Bright white in color, and, most importantly, it will fit in the holder (superbrightleds.com has some ridiculously bright bulbs that will plug into the base, but will not fit in the bar). They are, by guesstimate, at least twice as bright as a regular 1816 bulb (probably 3-5 times actually) and they really light up the gauges at night (and, you can easily tell they are on in the daytime as well).

If you want to get some, try this link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231291701583?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

led_bulbs_001.gif

downtime!

Reaction score
I did not find any of their BA-9 (1816) base bulbs that would fit in the dash light bar (and I ordered every one they had), that's why I used Ebay for those. The side marker lights worked out too, since I was able to use two of the ones that did not fit in the dash for the rear markers, and a pair of wedge base LED's left over from doing the Mustang for the fronts. I still need to replace the front turn signals, taillights and dash indicators, but other than that, I am really happy with the way it turned out, especially the dash. Just got back from a test cruise and it's awesome to actually be able to read the speedo at night.

72Cuda340

Reaction score
I was always bothered by the dim dash lights so I ordered some of these today
... hope they work, thanks for the tip!

downtime!

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any angles that they aren't visible. Since they have multiple diodes, I'm assuming they are all angled slightly to help combat that. Happy to report that they are all still shining brightly, really makes the car more enjoyable to drive after dark.

72Cuda340

Reaction score
IMG_3896.jpg

They are amazing... My dash lights were dim... The blue here is just the camera and the fact that the stock Cuda dash light bar has blue filters that the light passes though... it doesn't look this blue in person, and the engine wasn't even running in this pic. Very pleased with these bulbs.

IMG_3896.jpg

Last edited:

ZNormT6

Reaction score
I did all my bulbs in LED including tail, brake, backup and turn. Had to buy an electronic flasher because LED do
not create enough of a load to activate a regular flasher. All lights are about three to four times brighter and to
me that's really important for signal and brake.Got mine from:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/

I know this is an older thread but what flasher did you use for the Turn and Hazard? I would like to replace the Turn and Brake bulbs front and rear with LEDs on my Cuda.
Thanks!

tman

Reaction score
Need 2 of these flashers. The one near fuse box plugs right in. There is one behind the ashtray. When installing behind the ashtray, you need to reverse the leads into that plugin. You can try plugging it right in, but if your turn signals do not flash correctly, you need to reverse the leads in the plug. I hear you can release the terminal within the plug using a small screwdriver to remove the terminal. The little pigtails need to be grounded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Prong-Ele...ound-25-Amp-/131485792098?hash=item1e9d29f762

Back