• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Location of upper shoulder belt hole?

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well!
I really screwed up replacing the headliner in my 71 Barracuda! I forgot to measure the location of the hole for the bolt that secures the shoulder belt harness to the roof above and behind the window and I can't feel the hole in either side. I do have the sail panels and coat hooks mounted but I can't find the hole for the shoulder belt... Can anyone help me out, maybe measuring off the coat hook and edge of the window opening? A picture would be helpful I'm sure.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Here you go..

Attachments

• E BODY PANEL HOLE ID.jpg
    E BODY PANEL HOLE ID.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 178

Steve340

Reaction score
The best way to exactly find the hole is use one of the wife's very fine sewing needles.
Carefully pierce the head lining until you can find the hole.

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Here you go..
Hello moparleo,
I was able to locate the factory location for mounting the seatbelt using your information, the hole was 4 and 1/4 inches forward of the screw hole for the coat hanger, and about 2 and 1/2 inches above the rear window measured from the open side of the steel pinch weld.
Thank you for your assistance with this, its very much appreciated!

Steve Blair

Reaction score
The best way to exactly find the hole is use one of the wife's very fine sewing needles.
Carefully pierce the head lining until you can find the hole.
Thank you, I did find the threaded hole on both sides (4 and 1/2 inches forward of the screw hole for the coat hanger, and 2 and 1/2 inches above the rear window opening pinch weld).
Thanks for your assistance, it's much appreciated!

michael bucklew

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well!
I really screwed up replacing the headliner in my 71 Barracuda! I forgot to measure the location of the hole for the bolt that secures the shoulder belt harness to the roof above and behind the window and I can't feel the hole in either side. I do have the sail panels and coat hooks mounted but I can't find the hole for the shoulder belt... Can anyone help me out, maybe measuring off the coat hook and edge of the window opening? A picture would be helpful I'm sure.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
use finger and push on liner--found mine real quick

Steve Blair

Reaction score
That's what I ended up doing, it was helpful to have a picture showing the location of the threaded hole too.
Thank you

Back